Flaming First Thread

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

Python

Post by Python »

Funniest. Photo-manip. EVAR.
MGM wrote:One day, I will find you, defeat you, dress you up in capris and then take photos of you. :mad:

CountD

Post by CountD »

Arnaud Gonzalez!

lol!

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Python wrote:Image

Funniest. Photo-manip. EVAR.
LOL, a blast from the BX past! Truly my (and Arn's) finest hour. :smilielol5:

Thanks Pyth. :lips:
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

The French Biscuit

Biscuit asks...

what is the point of a holiday when I have no classes anyway and no exams to study for?

Answer: No point, it just puts the public transportation on hold for a friggin' weekend. The B.C Wildlife Park will have to wait till Tuesday. :e2bummed:
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

The French Biscuit

Turn it DOWN!

So a few of my DAAD compatriots and I went to the campus pub (Heores) last night for some well deserved alcoholic beverages. Good night! Though it was not worth the hour I spent in the line, and I was near the beginning of the line when I got there. Worst part was near the end when this obnoxious couple cut in line beside me (it wasn't really a "line" so much as a "crowd organized in a line-like fashion) and almost got in ahead of me but I slid in ahead because I was by myself. :D Ha!

There was some decent music inside, too bad it was so damn loud that my ears were still ringing when I got home.And it's not just cause I'm an old fart, the 19 year old amongst us thought it was too loud to, so nyah!

Chatted with this guy from Sweden who was in my marketing class, he's much nicer once you get to know him. Did not take me up on the offer to dance, probably for good reason. :hehehm:

Ended the night by going with a couple of friends to Zellers for the moonlight madness sale, but I didn't see anything I wanted. I just wanted to go because this is the last time I'll get to hang out with some of these people, so I wanted to do it outside a smelly loud bar.

Now, since the bus is on hiatus, I must chose between hiking or the last bits of homework I have to complete.
Biscuit AWAY!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

There's only one holiday this semester here in Korea and it's on my day off. Bummer.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

The French Biscuit

Holidays are no fun if you have the day off anyway. It's a fact.

Another fun fact; if you run a bath too hot, you can make yourself physically ill.

By "physically ill" I of course mean, it'll make you puke. Life lesson learned.
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

P.S. Bought swanky new black dress pants today, still need the rest of the interview ensemble. Hope I get my portfolio look book back soon.:(
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

It is a good day to dial

Today I join the throngs of cyborgs with their cell-phones firmly pressed to their ear, for better or for worse.:hehehm:
Biscuit AWAY!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

omg you DIDN'T HAVE a cellphone?? You're gonna love it. Texting! Not having to wear a watch!
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

The French Biscuit

But I already don't wear a watch. :-/ So far it's pretty cool, cept I need a pair of headphones with a usb jack to fully appreciate the MP3 player. It's cool to have a song as a ringtone though. :D Not sure if I'll ever use the cute little bluetooth headset though, a little too borg for me.

This is my phone btw
Biscuit AWAY!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Congratulations of the new cellphone! It will simultaneously make your life easier and vastly more difficult. Whenever you need to make an urgent call or contact someone immediately, you just whip out your handy-handy cellphone!

Unfortunately, the number of people who will now call you just say "Whats up" and really have nothing of substance to say will dramatically increase also. Have fun!

The French Biscuit

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Congratulations of the new cellphone! It will simultaneously make your life easier and vastly more difficult. Whenever you need to make an urgent call or contact someone immediately, you just whip out your handy-handy cellphone!
Thank you, I mostly bought it for work related purposes. I need to be more reachable for my future clients. Can't sluff them off when they're paying me.
Mr Wallstreet wrote: Unfortunately, the number of people who will now call you just say "Whats up" and really have nothing of substance to say will dramatically increase also. Have fun!
Aww, there's always a downside. :e2bummed: ;)

Update:
Movin' back to Saskatchewan on Wednesday. Dad's supposed to get here Tuesday-ish, so I can pack and clean Tuesday afternoon and get the place inspected the next day. Here's hoping I get most of my security deposit back.
Also, went to the BC Wildlife Park yesterday (finally! I've been wanting to go since I heard about it last year but I just never had the time) and it was pretty fun. Can't explain why they had a monkey exhibit amidst all the North American animals, but hey, I don't run the joint. And monkey's are cute.
I'll start a photography thread in the Cafe and put up some photos later.
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

On the farm

So, I've been back on the 'ol homestead for a few weeks and it's been fairly enjoyable.

Except for that week were it snowed over a foot. NOT KIDDING! SEE!?:soapbox:

Good thing the snow's gone now.

I'm the new big sister of Slider, the little lamb my folks rescued from certain death over the winter. I play with my beloved Pomeranians everyday, which is tres awesome and I generally get a fair amount of time to do nothing of any great importance.

Idle has been my search for work. Mostly because my Gmail is partially down and I'm kinda waiting for it to fix itself (not a great plan, but I take what I can get). Still have to get my cell number changed and update my portfolio site for the whole "getting a career" thing.

I did see a sorta job offer from the guy I worked with on the Kamloops Exploration Group website but it was a web job back in Kamloops and I'm kinda keen on Saskatchewan right now.

Back to the flatlands,
Cue the sig!
Biscuit AWAY!

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

That snow is freaking ridiculous.

I love being unemployed, but not so much if I'm living with my parents. It pretty much ruins it. The constant NAGGING. I'd rather go to fucking work!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The French Biscuit wrote:On the farm

Idle has been my search for work.
I have never heard someone state their laziness and unemployment status so artistically. I had to pass off several laughs, as though they were coughs so as not to arouse suspicion.

:D

The French Biscuit

Fasheem wrote:That snow is freaking ridiculous.

I love being unemployed, but not so much if I'm living with my parents. It pretty much ruins it. The constant NAGGING. I'd rather go to fucking work!
I know! URGH!

My 'rents are a little less heavy on the nagging, but mostly because since I'm here I do chores and stuff around the place. So if I leave, they have one less person to contribute to the place. :D
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

Mr Wallstreet wrote:I have never heard someone state their laziness and unemployment status so artistically. I had to pass off several laughs, as though they were coughs so as not to arouse suspicion.

:D
Well, I am a graphic designer. I even take naps that could be framed for posterity. :)
Biscuit AWAY!

The French Biscuit

Papers please

Grad is on Friday back in the Loop, followed by photos and shindiggery. Should be good, though I imagine the ceremony itself will be pretty boring (as will the long-ass drive to get back to B.C.)

Cool thing is we're staying over in Edmonton with an old friend of my mom's. They haven't seen each other since they were teenagers so it should be an especially fun trip for my mom, and a chance for me to get embarassing childhood stories about her. :D

Friday is therefore the day when I am officially a Graphic Designer and so my slack-assery with regards to looking for work will have to come to an end, sadly.

I have picked up a project from a friend of my parents already, so I'm not a total deadbeat (more like 98.5% deadbeat). :coolgleam: I'm designing a trade fair banner for the Co-operative Development. Fairly benign, but at least it's something else to add to the 'ol portfolio.

And now, dancing!
:chewie:
Biscuit AWAY!

CountD

Post by CountD »

how is the job market for that in your locale?

and If I forget or I'm not around..congratulations on graduating.