The Wulfs Den

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

wolf_2099

Re: The Wulfs Den

Post by wolf_2099 »

To walk back to your corner?

I have not yet seen the whole thing, I have a buddy who likes watching these with me now (yay!), but he is in Scotland, and we are watching it when he gets back.

Watching the clip, I see nothing the fight that did wrong. It looks like he hit him in the jaw, not the back of the skull. The guy walking away is just an idiot (there names are too hard to spell, ha), who forgot where he was. The ref never stepped in, so the guy finished the fight.

The fan who struck the fighter I imagine is going to jail, and getting sued, I would imagine. That's absurd. Bare knuckle flying right hand when he had no room to back up or take the shot would have destroyed his jaw.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:Yes, but that's not the most absurd about it all.

Turning your back is a mistake in every situation. There are only two explanations:
1. the guy was out on his feet.
2. the guy was cut by the knee and thought the ref would call in the doctor. The ref should signal that first, though.
Yeah, the ref didn't do any stoppage, so the fighter was well within his rights to keep fighting.

Who knows what happened with the other guy? I am thinking he was out on his feet. In which case the ref should have stepped in.
Maybe he thought the bell went?

Also, was there any footage after the round to show if he was cut after that knee?

MGM

Post by MGM »

I read somewhere that he thought the ref would call a doctor because he got (seriously) cut by the knee and walked back to his corner because of that. But yeah, ref didn't stop anything and Groenhart got the KO. Not sure about that whole doctor-thing, I never read an interview with the fighter or his corner.

And yeah, there's some footage where you can see a serious cut above his eye.

XIII

Post by XIII »

It's not a fan that comes into the ring to hit the black guy. It's a member of the corner team of the other fighter.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:It's not a fan that comes into the ring to hit the black guy. It's a member of the corner team of the other fighter.
Wow, that's bad. The fighter fucked up, but the corner man fucked up worse. I'd be surprised if he is allowed to corner ever again.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Is it? I don't think I've seen confirmation of that and the guy was definitely not wearing the same shirt as the cornermen.

MGM

Post by MGM »

In other news: it's official that Conor will get his ass handed to him.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:Is it? I don't think I've seen confirmation of that and the guy was definitely not wearing the same shirt as the cornermen.
I read a couple articles stating it was an MMA fighter from his gym that was cornering him, butI have yet to see a 100% identification of the guy.

The Conor fight I am stoked for. It is ridiuclous, and all spectacle. It'll be a fun night.

The only way I see Conor winning is with a surprising knock out, no way he goes all 12 and wins.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Conor won't come near Floyd. The only way he wins if he Tonya Hardings Floyd.

Have you seen the footage of him sparring?
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/16/1 ... ufc-boxing

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:Conor won't come near Floyd. The only way he wins if he Tonya Hardings Floyd.

Have you seen the footage of him sparring?
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/16/1 ... ufc-boxing
I've seen it now.

If Floyd gets cocky, doesn't prepare, etc, Conner may get some lucky punches.

It's also a hell of a lot harder to knock someone out with boxing gloves versus MMA gloves.

I think it will be a fun spectacle, and up Mcgregors profile, but no way he wins unless he gets super lucky.
It's a payday and a stunt.

MGM

Post by MGM »

What's it called? A punchers chance?
Not even that, I give him.

That said, it'd might be worth it to put some money on him, in case he actually pulls it off. :D

That footage is probably about a year old, but his stance is terrible. I was mostly appalled by the little hops he did while switching stances.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

On a sad note, a former UFC fighter died in a boxing match over the weekend in Edmonton, a city 3 hours north of me (the capital on my province).

http://globalnews.ca/news/3537388/tim-h ... condition/

MGM

Post by MGM »

Hagues, right? I read about it, sad indeed.

And was annoyed that the Dutch media referred to it as a (cage)fighter who died after fighting. Which sounds completely different from a boxer who died after a boxing match.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Yes, Tim Hague.

I suppose it was true enough, but he wasn't a cage fighter any more. Just boxing, and from traumatic brain injury.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Dude, congrats with the kid!

May he sleep long nights and never crumple your comics.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Thank you very much guys! We are very tired, I will post more and some pics in a couple days when we are somewhat recovered.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Congratulations Wulfy!

Hope all is well at home.

XIII

Post by XIII »

How is parenthood treating you?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Good, getting into the swing of things. Baby is happy and healty, and only a little screamy. Not much sleep, and I am back to work.

We've been posting some photos on facebook, has anyone seen them, or should I post some here?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Manhoef vs. Bonjasky. Of course not what you'd hope, but I suppose better than expected.