The Wulfs Den

Post your bio, personal stories, etc. right here!

Moderators: Mr Wallstreet, XIII

MGM

Re: The Wulfs Den

Post by MGM »

Cooke?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Cooke.
He did the promo poster for last years Montreal Comic Con.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Things are finally getting back to normal after the trip.

Krista and I both got sick unsurprisingly and we're jet lagged.

I started working two jobs this week, so I am a tad busy, but I'll get a bunch of photos uploaded to facebook for everyone if they want to see them.

It was an awesome trip, and thank you Mitch and Andy, it was great to see you both!

MGM

Post by MGM »

It was a blast having you here. Looking forward to the pics/

Also, you need to remind me about which runs we talked about. There were some comics you might be able to get your hands on, but I need to remember which ones those were again.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Crap. I'm not sure I remember...

Starman I think?
Was there anything else you were thinking of reading?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yeah, I remember: possibly the Alan Moore Captain Britain run.

And apparently that WW-book you mentioned is hard out of print as well.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Glad you had a great trip, can't wait to see your pics. Sorry again for not being able to meet with you 2. :(

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Next time! There must be a next time!

We both quite liked Paris, so we will be back.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Visited any comics shop there?
Hope French people were nice to you!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

They werne't the first couple days, but after that everyone we met was incredibly nice, so I'll call that good.

We visited one, album comics. It was a good store.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Man, i just read about 2 years of Bendix uncanny run, from the end of avx to 600.

It was horrible. Disjointed stories that took way to long. The will of xaover storyline went on for about 12 issues, it should be been three.

I knew the x books had been bad, but this was the worst x run I remember ever reading.

It also wrapped up horribly, both too easily, and in ways that didn't make sense in 600.

I hope it gets marginally better after 600 but I don't have hope.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Worse than...

Chuck Austen? I honestly forgot his name. Banished from memory, probably.
I haven't read Bendis' X-Men, I feared for the wordt from the start.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Worse to me than Austens, yeah.

Not only was it not good, but I feel like Uncanny had to read concurrently with All-New. At $6 CAD a book for Marvel, if I want to only read 1 X-Book (or bat book, or anyone) I want to be able to read just 1 book and understand whats happening.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

It was very decompressed. I still don't understand what happened in UXM 600 to be honest. I can't figure out why the book was late and what was supposed to be very special about the issue in terms of materials.

And yes, All-New and Uncanny were definitely pairs and it was hard to read just one after the first 6 issues. I will say I liked a few of the new mutants introduced in Uncanny, like Tempus and Hijack.

As for what came after... I can't say they've been all that great. Extraordinary has been all over the map with a very out of character Nightcrawler. All-New was kind of interesting at the start and then fell apart after the first arc. Uncanny has been the most enjoyable but I'm just not a fan of Greg Land's art too often. It was the one I thought I'd like the least but has been the most enjoyable, but still not a great book really.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Tragic Angelus wrote: As for what came after... I can't say they've been all that great. Extraordinary has been all over the map with a very out of character Nightcrawler. All-New was kind of interesting at the start and then fell apart after the first arc. Uncanny has been the most enjoyable but I'm just not a fan of Greg Land's art too often. It was the one I thought I'd like the least but has been the most enjoyable, but still not a great book really.
I'm going to start this tonight, and am hoping it will be a little better.

It makes me sad to see how bad the x-men have gotten, and it's not even the worst marvel has done (fantastic four).

I agree though, Hijak and a few of the other mutants have been good. but underutilized.

I am curious to see what happens with the Inhumans now.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yeah, I have even lost quite a bit of interest in some of the stories lately. X-Men used to be one of my favorite titles that I always enjoyed but since Gillen left just before AvX, I haven't really enjoyed it. The Fraction, Brubaker, and Carey runs were the last ones I really enjoyed. I'm hopeful for this Gold and Blue relaunch to interest me again, especially with the Gold team. I'm done with the original X-Men being interesting and want to see them go home.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Well, the new run was just as confusing, I should not have to refer to wikipedia when I am starting a new series from 1, to figure out what's going on.

That being said, I did enjoy Death of X and IvX, except for Emma seeming somewhat out of character in IvX, but grief does weird things, so I'll let it slide.

Extraordinary I'm not reading. Some of Lemire's marvel stuff I'm not enjoying, namely that, and Moon Knight.

Next up! I'm not sure!

Maybe Sex Criminals or the Shadow.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yeah Emma has been odd post-Bendis. The whole Apocalypse Wars thing was what set all of the books tumbling down and they never really recovered. Sadly, that was the second arc in nearly every book.

I liked the team in Extraordinary, other than Nightcrawler's characterization in the fist few issues, but yeah it wasn't that great.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Calgary Expo this weekend!

https://calgaryexpo.com/guests/artists-and-creators/

Let me know if anyone wants anything from any of the guests,

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »