Montreal Comic Con

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

More like blatant intellectual property theft without proper royalties.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Posted your used place mat today, Arn!
No idea how long it will take to get there, but enjoy.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Thank you so much!!!!

On a side note, Malorie keeps telling me that it's ok, I can go to NYCC next year, she doesn't mind me going back to NY without her.

Woooohooooo!!!!!!!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:Thank you so much!!!!

On a side note, Malorie keeps telling me that it's ok, I can go to NYCC next year, she doesn't mind me going back to NY without her.

Woooohooooo!!!!!!!
You needed permission?

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

wolf_2099 wrote:More like blatant intellectual property theft without proper royalties.
I agree with you, I'm just presuming the decision came from editorial - so I'm wondering who's the a-hole in Marvel's editorial team.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Stocky Boy wrote:I agree with you, I'm just presuming the decision came from editorial - so I'm wondering who's the a-hole in Marvel's editorial team.
It would have come down to Joe Q.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Not only is stealing Cooke and Co.'s idea wildy unethical and illegal ( even though he cant prove it) but it also smacks of bad business and short sightedness.

Sure Young Avengers and whatever else Cooke did will sell in the short run, (to be generous I'd say 5-10 years), but after that, then what? None of the books aside the X related, Spider-man, DD, FF & Thor books last for very long before getting canned.

For a few dollars in the here and now Marvel has alienated a bankable creator whose works are consisently critical, if not always financial, sucesses. many of Cooke's works will be in constant demand i.e. Batman, Catwoman, The Spirit, even <shudder> New Frontier ;) and will provide DC with a steady stream of revenue while at the same time giving Cooke the opportunity to create more stories that likely become hits/classics that will probably become popular and stay in demand. The Young Avengers will probably fade in and out depending on the creative team.

And it had to come down to Quesada who gave the go ahead to rip off Cooke & Co. A decision that big can't be made a single editor. Especially, if the business plan involved something as big as starting a whole new line of titles targeted specifically at children.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII wrote:Thank you so much!!!!

Woooohooooo!!!!!!!

I do believe the half day she spent at the Con on Sunday was enough to last her a lifetime :D

XIII

Post by XIII »

wolf_2099 wrote:You needed permission?
Not her permission, but I asked her to tell me if it bothered her. It's quite a trip and I would have understood if she had prefered for me to save that money for holidays we could make together.

MGM

Post by MGM »

You knwo this means she'll be off to Brazil during carnival on her own, don't you? :D

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:Not her permission, but I asked her to tell me if it bothered her. It's quite a trip and I would have understood if she had prefered for me to save that money for holidays we could make together.
Oh, okay!
Hopefully she lets you pack your testicles, too!

I kid, I kid.

I know she won't.

I wonder if she keeps them in the same kind of bag as Krista does.