Wolf in Europe

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

MGM

Re: Wolf in Europe

Post by MGM »

wolf_2099 wrote:I shall look!

I am curious is there enough to see/do in Rotterdam to stay another night there (through Sunday)?
Depends on what you like. There's enough to see in Rotterdam, a lot of it is architecture, though. But if you stay another night, that'd mean a night at the bar and that means the best late night snack you've ever had. :D

I'll check with Natascha if we can come up with enough fun stuff for you guys. Also, any food allergies? In case we decide to do crazy and cook for you.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Is Natasha okay with a regular size body frgarence? They had no travel size.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I think she is, I assume she asked the small one so it wouldn't be too big for you to carry.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I am curious is there enough to see/do in Rotterdam to stay another night there (through Sunday)?
Verified.
Completely depends if you like architecture and/or museums. There's two or three really good museums in Rotterdam, which would make for a good second day. If it's merely sight seeing, one day will be enough for the highlights. Than a second day would be more a "this is what the locals do" day. Or a day at one of the aformentioned smaller cities (Delft, Gouda, Leiden, etc.).

Also, I just realised that my uncle's celebrating his birthday that Sunday with a fternoon... thing. I'm quite sure you'd be welcome, but I can imagine you'd rather spend your vacation somewhere else (unless old people you don't know is your thing). Either way, you're welcome to stay two nights. It'd probably give a bit more space to do fun stuff on Saturday (and it'd save you a night in a hotel).

But, to make sure: one matrass, one (comfortable) couch. Or a two inch thick inflatable matrass, there's also that.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Oh yeah, almsot forgot: museums aren't for free (or cheap, if you ask me) in Holland (not sure if they are in Canada).

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:

Verified.
Completely depends if you like architecture and/or museums. There's two or three really good museums in Rotterdam, which would make for a good second day. If it's merely sight seeing, one day will be enough for the highlights. Than a second day would be more a "this is what the locals do" day. Or a day at one of the aformentioned smaller cities (Delft, Gouda, Leiden, etc.).

Also, I just realised that my uncle's celebrating his birthday that Sunday with a fternoon... thing. I'm quite sure you'd be welcome, but I can imagine you'd rather spend your vacation somewhere else (unless old people you don't know is your thing). Either way, you're welcome to stay two nights. It'd probably give a bit more space to do fun stuff on Saturday (and it'd save you a night in a hotel).

But, to make sure: one matrass, one (comfortable) couch. Or a two inch thick inflatable matrass, there's also that.
We're fine with that for sleeping! Let me run it by Krista this weekend.

Also, muesums are not free here either, we priced out most of them already.

With the currency conversion, it sucks, but worth seeing.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mitch, do you have any idea what these mean?
JEUGD KICKBOKSEN 4 TOT 9 JAAR
WEDSTRIJD KICKBOKSEN

They are off off Mikes Gym Kickboxing Schedule.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Yeah, but why were you looking at that site anyway? Plan on training when you're here?

Also, it means Kids aged 4 to 9, and the second one is most likely training for fighters (the guys/girls who compete, instead of just train).

MGM

Post by MGM »

Also, what do you intend to do on the 30th between landing in AMS and joining us in RTM? The country is not THAT big, you could be in RTM in about an hour or so. Well, maybe a bit more, if you need to get luggage and figure out how public transport in Holland works.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:Also, what do you intend to do on the 30th between landing in AMS and joining us in RTM? The country is not THAT big, you could be in RTM in about an hour or so. Well, maybe a bit more, if you need to get luggage and figure out how public transport in Holland works.

I am planning on training the Mon/Tues, I want to see what it's like.

As for the on the Friday, I have no idea.
Maybe sight see around Amsterdam a little bit then head over? We actually hadn't decided yet.
Maybe try out one of the gyms.

MGM

Post by MGM »

'Cause it's a Dutch gym or 'cause it's the gym that's brought forth Badr Hari?

Lemme know, I'm sure I could meet up in Rotterdam before dinner time. Not sure about Natascha's schedule, I think she'll be working 'till around dinner that day.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:'Cause it's a Dutch gym or 'cause it's the gym that's brought forth Badr Hari?

Lemme know, I'm sure I could meet up in Rotterdam before dinner time. Not sure about Natascha's schedule, I think she'll be working 'till around dinner that day.
Cause it's a Dutch Gym. It was there and/or Merijo.

I am actually leaning towards Merijo.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Are you bringing your own gear? I should hope not.
Considering the location, I'd skip Mike's Gym. It's not actually in Amsterdam. Mejiro on the other hand is pretty close to the city center. Than again, their schedule only has heavy bag training on your chosen days.

The place I train at has lessons at Friday as well, but at the moment I really would't recommend it. The guy's more or lss kicked out of his own place, so now he's renting a school gym. So no heavy bags, no ring, nothing. Just technique training (which is good enough, of course), but no more than that.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Oh, also. Natascha asked me (again): any dietary wishes for you and Krista? It'd be a shame if we have high-sugar food full of gluten and lactose, if that's what you're allergic to or try to avoid for other reasons.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

No allergies on either of our parts.

I think we are both willing to try anything (but I very much dislike cheese), Krista has no issues with anything.

I'm not bringing my own gear, the gyms said they'd have stuff for us.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Krista's training as well?

Also, is there stuff you DO like to eat or drink?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

She is!

Are you thinking for cooking, or for eating out somewhere?
Because if we're eating out, no issues, and if it's for cooking, we are delighted to have whatever you enjoy cooking.

But for an actual answer, what we do like. I cook a lot a meat and vegetables dishes, Krista loves fish. We do a lot of Beef & chicken because that's what is farmed here.
That being said, if there is dutch style food as an option, we'd love to try dutch style food. High carb, or high sugar, butter soaked or anything like that isn't an issue for either of us.

MGM

Post by MGM »

It'd probably not be Dutch food style (we'll take you for the typical Dutch snacks, though. But there's little that can be called as an actual Dutch cuisine.), but more Surinamese and/or Indonesian. Since those were Dutch colonies, that food is quite integrated into the daily meals of people.

No wishes for breakfast or softdrinks (we usually don't have any) or anything like that?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

If you have coffee, Krista will be happy.

I normally drink coke (not for breakfast), but I can always pick one up while we are out.

MGM

Post by MGM »

We have that, so no biggie.

Natascha's very liklely home at 4, I'll try and b home about that time as well. So you could be earlier than dinner time (incidentally, what time is that for you? In Holland a looooot of people think it's 17:30-18:00 [not us], while in Portugal people start around 20:30).

Also, we might need to do the whole contact thing. I do use FB messenger and Whatsapp, still have the same number as during NYCC '10. I'll get you the easiest public transport directions to our place in a bit.

Incidentally, while looking as a tourist at your own city, apparently there's much more to do than I figured.