FIFA Corruption charges

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Mr Wallstreet

FIFA Corruption charges

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

An investigatiom between U.S. and Swiss officials led to the arrests and indictments of at least 14 high ranking influential figures within the FIFA organization. Most charges relate to bribery, racketeering, kickbacks, vote buying/rigging and nearly any other money related crime you can think of.

9 officials within FIFA's governing body and 5 sports executives at a news conference were indicted. The investigation revealed this corruption had been going on for at least 20 years and an estimated 150 million dollars in bribes and related activities were exchanges. The report also lists, but does not name at least 75 co-conspirators. There are a lot more salacious details in any news article you can find.

Thoughts?

XIII

Post by XIII »

I think FIFA is eaten by corruption and this is only the tip of the iceberg. Blatter needs to go.
I still can't believe they thought everyone would swallow that Quatar won the World Cup Organization without any bribing involved.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Well, Blatter did say he's ashamed and fed up with the corruption. I believe him, he's such a sincere man.

I doubt it, but hopefully today he'll be voted out.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

With Quatar I guess they really didn't give a shit. Seems like maybe they pushed their luck too far now.

XIII

Post by XIII »

And Blatter is easily reelected...

MGM

Post by MGM »

People like the French are the problem. They vote for corrupt people!

:D

XIII

Post by XIII »

Aye! And then you have Platini who threatens to withdraw UEFA from FIFA but had voted for Qatar to get the World Cup...

MGM

Post by MGM »

Platini is a very moral person.