Edward AWESOME III

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Mr Wallstreet

Edward AWESOME III

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Because that's what he is. Today was KokomoCon in Indiana (were our little Edbert resides) and the guest of honor was Denny O'Neil. Ed served as Denny's personal handler throughout the day and got have dinner with him and a few others the night before.

I sent some books to Ed to get signed by Denny and not only did Denny sign them, but at the suggestion of his wife and (based upon the weirdness of my name) Denny called me up and spoke to me a for a few moments. O'Neil was such a nice guy, he asked about my family, where I lived, the work I did (I left out grave robber and obsessive necrophiliac), and where I was from. O'Neil then then told me a little bit about his family, his kids (who also live in Brooklyn) and a few other things. Then as O'Neil has other things going on, he said goodbye and hung up.

Obviously O'Neil didn't have to speak to me at all or do anything approaching that level but it was such a great thing for him to do, and as cool as receiving a phone call from Denny O'Neil was, it was even cooler for Ed for facilitating it.

Thanks Ed. If I could, I'd adopt you.

I still might.

And while I'm at it, what have the rest of you done for me? Besides give me shitty baby names.

Step it up guys :)

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Apparently not enough! I am jelly. If I was a type of donut? It would be a jelly donut you lucky bastard.

Well cone Edbert! I hope the con was good.

Farhan, I hope you recorded the conversation to play as a lullaby to the kiddies at night!
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Hey that sounds awesome! Happy for you dude and great job from you Ed.

One thing though, did Denny come up with name suggestions? No. He didn't. We still rule. :)

XIII

Post by XIII »

What have we ever done for you? WHAT HAVE WE EVER DONE FOR YOU?

WE TRAVELED TO ANOTHER CONTINENT! CROSSED AN OCEAN THRICE! JUST SO YOU COULD BASK IN OUR GLORIOUS PRESENCE!

Also, I am the only one who got drunk texts from Ed, going on about prank calls and impersonating famous comics creators?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Wait.. I sent you drunk texts? IMPOSSIBLE!

But I'm glad you enjoyed it. Denny and his wife Marifran are two of the nicest people you could ever meet. Spending time with them was pretty awesome.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

That's pretty damn awesome!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Stocky Boy wrote: One thing though, did Denny come up with name suggestions? No. He didn't. We still rule. :)
Not to split hairs, but what has your contribution been? :)
XIII wrote:What have we ever done for you? WHAT HAVE WE EVER DONE FOR YOU?

WE TRAVELED TO ANOTHER CONTINENT! CROSSED AN OCEAN THRICE! JUST SO YOU COULD BASK IN OUR GLORIOUS PRESENCE!

Yeah, like 4 years ago. What have you done for me lately

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Not to split hairs, but what has your contribution been? :)
XIII wrote:What have we ever done for you? WHAT HAVE WE EVER DONE FOR YOU?

Yeah, like 4 years ago. What have you done for me lately
He tried to relieve stress from your lifer by naming your child.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."