NYCC 2011!!!

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I would think a 4-day comic convention may be too much. I go to GenCon, which is a 4 day gaming convention and it could easily be taken into a 5th day because there is so much do to with the games to play and such. Yet with a comic convention? It may be too much, only so many times you can look at the same vendors...

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The new 4 day Con was definitely a lot more exhausting than the previous years 3-day Cons.

Last year the Con was a half day on Friday, a full day Saturday & the kids day Sunday, and we spent several hours there on Thursday shopping and spent the whole day there on Friday getting in hours earlier. You could then say we spent a 3.5 days at the Con (we left early on sundays nearly every year)

This year, I spent several hours at the Con on Wednesday shopping, the whole day Thursday, friday & saturday and only a few hours on Sunday. Overall, I spent roughly 4.5 almost 5 days at the Con if you count being there on wednesday, & sunday for a few hours. Tacking on an additional day and a half inside a packed center will make you feel it.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I feel ready for a 4-day con. I even think I have con withdrawal at the moment.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I wanted to ask.

Wally, what did you think of Todd McFarlene?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Given that I only met him for several seconds its hard to judge but McFarlane seems like a cool guy. His staff kept telling us that "he was done for the day and wouldn't be doing any more pics or sigs (which is their job I guess) but when we sandbagged him, he was more than happy to oblige us.

Also, when my friend Chris was getting McFarlane's signature for me while I was waiting in line for Miller, McFarlane was joking around with him saying things like: I should make it out to "McFarhane".

Funny thing we noticed about McFarlane, when he signs a book, he really takes the time to admire his work. Pretty much every time someone handed McFarlane a title, he would always stare at it for a few seconds before signing it; like he was analyzing his work and was trying to figure out the best place to sign it.

So yea, a lil hard to pin down. McFarlane was a douche to Neil Gaiman, but to his fans, he's surprisingly nice.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Random off-topic question: Have you thought of inviting Chris to join BX? He's friends with several of us on Twitter and Facebook and I'm sure he'd fit in.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Honestly, that never occured to me. I'll send him the link and ask him to drop by and post some to see if he likes it. It's not as though we couldn't do with a little extra conversation.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

No! I'm scared of expanding our little bubble.

But seriously, sure, the more the merrier.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Someone'll have to ask the admin first to unlock the board. I believe it's impossible to join it at this moment.

XIII

Post by XIII »

We still have admins?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I thought we were like a pack of feral dogs.

I find it interesting McFarlene seemed like a cool guy, that goes against everything else I have heard of him.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Adam is still the only Admin, I think. He's rarely on so someone would probably need to send him a Tweet about it...