Happy News

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Mr Wallstreet

Happy News

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'm getting married.

Last year when I took my parents back to Pakistan, I met a woman while I was there. We hit it off pretty well and although I didn't have a whole lot of time to spend with her, I liked being with her and we made the most of it. We decided to keep in touch and see how things would go. Long distance relationships suck and are difficult but we did a pretty good job of making it work. She visited the U.S. a couple of times since then and we got to spend more time together.

A few months back we both decided its time to move past the long-distance thing. We've had our ups and downs and after some of the particularly difficult ordeals we've endured still feel strongly about each other and decided to get married. She is arriving in the U.S. next week and we are going to get hitched.

It'll be a very small event. Just immediate family and a very few close friends. After that, its off to City Hall for a Marriage license.

I didn't mention anything to anyone yet because I wanted to see if it actually led anywhere.

This is, again, not how I thought it would happen, but it seems life rarely ever gives you what you expect.

Grant Morrisson is going to be our Witness at City Hall

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Congrats!

MGM

Post by MGM »

Explain to me exactly why this occasion didn't happen during NYCC so your best friends could be there? :D

Congrats!

XIII

Post by XIII »

Holy shit! That's unexpected!!

Congratulations and many happy things for your wife and you!!!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Oh my goodness!!!! This is fantastic! Congratulations to you and the soon to be Mrs. and I hope all the best for the two of you!

I understand it's not how you thought it may go, but I'm still very happy for you and am excited to hear the news!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Congrats! If it is long distance, where will you both be living? NYC?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Congratulations Wally!

This is great news. I'm happy for you buddy.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Thank you all very much. It means a lot to me that you all are supportive of this and are happy for me. We may only meet once a year for several days at a time in an orgy of comic book loving fun, but I count you guys as some of the best friends I've ever had.
MGM wrote:Explain to me exactly why this occasion didn't happen during NYCC so your best friends could be there? :D

Congrats!
3 reasons:

1) NYCC, having taken place in October, was still too soon for us, especially given that our relationship was only a few months along at that point.

2) I was still smitten with you

3) I didn't want Joe Quesada to retcon it
wolf_2099 wrote:Congrats! If it is long distance, where will you both be living? NYC?
Yup, that is correct; she'll be living with me at my place in NYC.

While our place isn't huge, it's big enough to comfortably accomodate one more person. I've spent the last several weeks cleaning the hell out of my place. Not the usual house cleaning, but really getting down and giving it a thorough cleaning (I'd like to make a good impression and all).

If all goes well, by next Friday, I should be a happily married man.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Oh wow, next week for the arrival and marriage as well! That's amazing!

Between Babies and Marriages, things seem to be going very well for those of us here!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Tragic Angelus wrote:Oh wow, next week for the arrival and marriage as well! That's amazing!

Between Babies and Marriages, things seem to be going very well for those of us here!
Now if only the kids would grow up!

XIII

Post by XIII »

Mr Wallstreet wrote: While our place isn't huge, it's big enough to comfortably accomodate one more person. I've spent the last several weeks cleaning the hell out of my place. Not the usual house cleaning, but really getting down and giving it a thorough cleaning (I'd like to make a good impression and all).
Was it hard to throw away your shovel as well as the dried-semen-incrusted bodies?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

On a serious note, I told Cap'n Jack and he said "good for them!"

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII wrote:Was it hard to throw away your shovel as well as the dried-semen-incrusted bodies?
The shovel is hidden in the toolshed hidden under a tarp and I secretly buried the bodies in my backyard under the cover of night. A man still has needs his wife can't fullfill...
jedispyder wrote:On a serious note, I told Cap'n Jack and he said "good for them!"
I appreciate that; tell him I said thank you.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Tragic Angelus wrote:Oh wow, next week for the arrival and marriage as well! That's amazing!
!
I'm going to steal Prince William and Kate Middleton's thunder!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:The shovel is hidden in the toolshed hidden under a tarp and I secretly buried the bodies in my backyard under the cover of night. A man still has needs his wife can't fullfill...
But the wife could help him fill the hole!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:I'm going to steal Prince William and Kate Middleton's thunder!

Will you be live streaming your wedding and ceremonies on Youtube, CNN, MSNBC, FOX News and more as well??? I want to watch that instead!

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Here in In-ger-land the Friday has been made a special bank holiday, meaning everyone gets the day off to watch this royal wedding bullshit.

If Wally streamed his marriage live on the Friday, I'd have a happier reason to watch a wedding that day.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'd watch it ^_^

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

As would I.

It'd be even better if it was a webcam feed and we could comment.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I simply hope he has enough lighting in his basement so we can see what the ceremony is like.