Merry Christmas!

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

MGM

Merry Christmas!

Post by MGM »

Maybe somewhat early, but well enough in time for Christmas Eve and Christmas itself:

Merry Christmas!

:chewie:

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Merry Christmas!

What is everyone doing?

What did you ask for from Santa?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Quiet Christmas eve at home with Malorie, taking the train tomorrow to spend Christmas weekend at my parents'.

I already know that my parents are giving me money and Malorie doesn't like when I make a list so the only person I gave a list to is my sis. The list is down here in all its French glory :

« 75 years of DC Comics » par Paul Levitz chez Taschen.
« Luthor, hardcover » de Brian Azzarello et Lee Bermejo (attention, uniquement la version sortie en octobre 2010 avec des pages en plus et des bonus)
« Y : the Last Man, the Deluxe Edition Book 3 » de B.K. Vaughan et Pia Guerra
« Y : the Last Man, the Deluxe Edition Book 4 » de B.K. Vaughan et Pia Guerra
« Preacher, Book 2, hardcover » de Garth Ennis et Steve Dillon
« Preacher, Book 3, hardcover » de Garth Ennis et Steve Dillon (sort le 16 décembre)
« Shade the Changing Man vol. 1 : American Scream » de Peter Milligan et Chris Bachalo
« The Life and Times of Martha Washington in the Twenty First Century » de Frank Miller et Dave Gibbons
« Planetary vol. 1 à 4 , hardcover » de Warren Ellis et John Cassaday
« American Vampire, vol. 1, hardcover » de Scott Snyder, Stephen King et Rafael Albuquerque
« Madrox » et « X-Factor, à partir du volume 1 », softcover, par Peter David and Ryan Sook et autres.
« The Walking Dead, book 9 à 13 », softcover, de Robert Kirkman et Charlie Adlard
« Star Wars, The Thrawn Trilogy », hardcover ou softcover, de Mike Baron et Olivier Vatine
« Astro City : Life in the big city» de Kurt Busiek et Brent Anderson
« Dark Rain, A New Orleans Story », de Matt Johnson et Simon Gane
« Daredevil : The Man Without Fear » de Frank Miller et John Romita Jr.
« Star Wars : Dark Empire Trilogy » de Rick Veitch et Cam Kennedy
« Thor by J. Michael Straczynski Omnibus », hardcover, de JM Straczynski
« Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate collection »
« Oz : the Marvelous Land of Oz » de Eric Shanower et Skottie Young
« Red TPB » + « Red prequel special » de Warren Ellis et Cully Hamner
« Mage : the Hero discovered », hardcover, de Matt Wagner
« Outlaw Territory vol. 2 », de plein de monde
« Transhuman TP » de Jonathan Hickman et J.M. Ringuet
« Wonderlost TP » de CB Cebulski et plein d’autres
« Liberty Meadows, Sunday Strip Hardcover, vol. 1 & 2 » de Frank Cho

And fuck it, I just realized that there is "Ultimate Spider-Man" in there which wasn't intended to be in there. Hoping she didn't pick it. :(

XIII

Post by XIII »

First Christmas present are already here!!!
A very nice warm pair of gloves to replace my old ones that were worn out to the point where even a homeless guy would have wanted them.
And a Krups Waffle maker!! I'm really really happy about this one. Gonna make waffles like there's no tomorrow!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!! Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!

So far I've had Christmas with my Mom and Sister where I got professional clothes and a new watch. All I asked for this year was for more professional clothes for teaching and then numerous volumes of The Walking Dead (which have yet to appear).

About to head off to another family Christmas and then tomorrow we celebrate with my Dad, where I know I'm getting more dress clothes and some money.

Hope you all have a wonderful time!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Still Christmas Eve for me and I'm freezing my nuts off (almost literally, the furnace is broke because of Dan and mine's stupidity and I'm not paying double labor so it'll be off until Monday, lots of space heaters spread around the house to keep the pipes warm and Dan is staying at his mom's tonight [or so he planned, AFAIK he doesn't even know it's still broken, lol]).

Now, as for a list? I never ask for anything. In fact, I tell people not to get me stuff yet they still do. Mom and stepdad are going to a cabin for the weekend so I had lunch with mom and she had me open the presents. She got me this awesome Cheesecake Bible and a gift certificate to a Cooksware shop and wants me to purchase a really well-made springform pan/cheesecake pan. She also got me a cinnamon roll soy candle and miscellaneous individual mini candies. I'm sure my dad will get me gift certificates to various restaurants and stores I haunt.

Hopefully everyone is having a same Christmas season ^_^

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Merry Christmas Eve and a Happy Holidays to everyone here.

I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays and getting what they asked for.

EDIT: I'm cracking up at Tragic getting "Professional (re: grown up) clothes :D

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

lol I wondered who would be the first. No more T-Shirts and Jeans for me this Christmas. It's all dress shirts, ties, dress socks and dress pants. Though I really do love dressing up like that. I got great 'sweeters' to go over most of my shirts that I really like as well.

OH! And I got a box of teaching/office supplies (stapler, paper clips, note pads) and inside it there was a Justice League notebook! I was pretty happy.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Oh yeah and just got back from the other Christmas where I got a nice shirt, Jon Stewart's new book "Earth" and a $25 gift certificate to my comic shop here. Apparently my Aunt told him it was for me and he added $5 to the 20 she had paid for at no cost. It's good to have friends in high places!

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Merry Christmas everyone!
mostly I just asked for money so I can put the money to my credit cards. I got Predators and the A-Team on Blu ray Mario Galaxy 2 and jepordy for the Wii. some golf balls and some gift cards. my favorite thing so far was a new tree ordiment. it is from National Lampoons Christmas vacation it is Clark's house that when you press the button the whole thing lights up and plays hallauha!
All Will be Well!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Krista is here for Christmas and it has been a lovely time.

My parents got me a watch, sport coat and nice winter leather boots. Ian, my brother got me a burberry sweater, and Krista got me a pair of (ridiculous) Muay Thai shorts (that has my name in Thai on it), a snow mobiling trip, and a picture she painted herself, of my dog, Maggie. I will post a picture of it.

We have a friends of Ian here as well, that we have all known for 15+ years, almost like another brother, since his parents are not having Christmas this year.

Weather has also been perfect for Christmas, just below 0 and light snow.

Hope everything has been going well for everyone!

I also got myself a Christmas presents, an Original, VF+ NM copy of Panic 1 from EC 1954. It is the one if with the Night Before Christmas parody, which I really enjoy.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I got a few more dress clothes and a couple of thermals this morning, and a box set of all 6 of the Marvel Animated direct to DVD videos. I also got a giant nerf gun as a funny gift from my step brothers and I have to say I will probably use that more than I think haha! Most of what I got today was money and gift cards for anything I might need while student teaching, so the majority of it will go to gas over the next semester.

Another great present was that I got a sublease for the next 4 months, so now my parents and I don't have to pay for 4 months of the rent and electric while I live back home.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Sounds like everyone had a great holiday. This past holiday was one of the best for me in recent memory.

I got 2 new pairs of dress pants
New shoes
A scarf
Blue Ray DVD player
55" Flat screen LCD tv, though technically this doesn't count as a gift because me and my brother brought this together. It was on sale for $1,000 so it really only cost me $500.

The comic shop I go to in Manhattan, Cosmic Comics, has been brought out by new owners. The shop will continue selling comics but it'll be under new management. The current owners are now trying to get rid of all their merchandise with a huge blow out sale. All current comics are on sale for 50% off. All back issues are on sale at 80% & all toys/action figures are on sale for 60% off.

One of my good friends went there and brought a ton of shit for me that was dirt cheap. She brought for me:

Trials of Shazam
Batman: Fortunate Son
Superman/Batman: Worlds Finest trade
Homer Simpson Jack in the Box
2" hand painted Buffy & Angel figurines
2" glow in the dark Obi Wan Kenobi figure
And a cold cast hand painted porcelain statue of Hal Jordan

Though I haven't collected toys & statues in over 8 years I was thrilled to get them but I was concerned she spent far too much on the figurines/toys alone but she assured me that she got a great deal on them and I'm inclined to believe her. She has a great head for deals of any kind.

It was the best set of random gifts I've gotten. If she wasn't already married, I'd take her for my own.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I think you should take her anyways!!! That's awesome! From the looks of the GL statue, was it the one that's part of the 3 piece statue set? I couldn't tell.

And it sounds like you had a pretty great Christmas, as well as the rest of us!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Yessir I sure did.

The Hal Jordan Statue is in fact part of the 3 (or 4) piece statue set. The second part contains John Stewart and Guy Gardner, the third part contains Kyle Raynor and a Manhunter. Alan Scott is also included in the set but I have no idea which set he is a part of. When you buy all the pieces the base of the set forms a symbol for the GL.

What is now going to drive me crazy is not having the remaining the pieces to complete the set. I'd like to have all the remaining pieces but like I said earlier, I don't much collect statues and AF's anymore. And even if I did, each set piece is hella expensive and I'm not in a position to drop $400+ on it. <sigh>

Regardless it was a thoughtful & cool gift...Which puts to shame my gift for her. So I'll really have to get her something great for her birthday.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm sure you'll come up with something amazing so no worries there! But still overall, a very nice deal! I thought that was the big group piece, but I gotta say that Hal Jordan section is probably the best of them all anyways!

MGM

Post by MGM »

Tragic Angelus wrote:It's all dress shirts, ties, dress socks and dress pants.
Do they have those in kid's sizes?

Anyway, I spent Christmas Eve with Natascha's mom, Christmas with my parents and family, and our second Christmas day (which would be your Boxing day, except we do Christmas all over again) just with the two of us.

I got:
an awesome G-Star hoodie
a nice G-Star longsleeve shirt (my family knows me well)
DVD: Crossroads guitar festival 2010
CD: Speak now - Taylor Swift
book: WoT 12: The gathering storm
carpet slippers (my old ones were really worn out)
100 bullets vol 2 - Split second chance
100 bullets vol 3 - Hang up on the hang low

And something from my brother. I'd asked for the Bendis/Maleev Dardevil ultimate collection vol. 3. The dude at the comic shop he went to gave him HC 3 of the Bendis/Maleev run. Not quite the same. So he'll be trading that for something I actually want.

And because I did my job well and got a Christmas bonus, I'll get myself some TPB's. And given the presents I got, I'll go against the consensus on this board and get the 100 bullets run first. Then the Punisher run. :D

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Snowed in.

Shoveled 3 times since yesterday afternoon

Back hurts

I hate winter

Also, I've packed on some weight since I stopped working out in November. Going to have to go back to Cardio Kickboxing in the spring.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Your snowpocalypse made the news here!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

It wouldn't have been as bad as it was if the city snowplows came through and cleared the snow off the streets like they normally do. Manhattan was cleaned off the very next day but it took 3 days before any snowplows came through to clean the streets in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx and 2 days to get public transportation running at a level level approaching acceptable.

It's kind of pointless to clean out Manhattan if no one can get to it...