At Long Last..

You know what to do!

Moderator: Sandman

Tragic Angelus

At Long Last..

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I am writing my FINAL Literature Paper for my Undergraduate degree.

It's anticlimactic though, as it's about American Literature from 1914 on, and nothing that can fit into the topic I'm doing is all that interesting.

Had to choose a post-World War II writing, so it took out Raymond Chandler's "Red Wind" which I'd banked on for 2 weeks before re-reading the topic and checking my dates.

On the plus side, it does not require resources outside of the text, and is only 5-7 pages, rather than an 8-10 page paper needing at least 5 outside sources.

After this I'm only 2 Literature Finals, 1 last small part of an Education project, 1 Educational Reflection portfolio, and 1 Education Final away from my last regular semester of traditional college.

Then it's a full semester of Student Teaching in the Spring, and hopefully, I will be joining the ranks of the college educated that adorn this little family of ours.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

.....Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnd I'm done with it. It feels totally disjointed and unplanned. And I'm very very ok with this.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Congratulations Tragic. How it must feel to finally have done your last paper for your Undergrad degree...If the feeling of finality hasn't sunk in yet, I imagine it will once you attend your commencement ceremony and walk down the aisles knowing that your childhood days are over (and I count attending college as part of your childhood days) because then you'll forevermore be a working stiff. :)

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Eh, I didn't even bother with the Commencement. Didn't want to pay extra, be stuck in a clunky outfit, and possibly interact with my ex-roommate, lol.

But congrats on being done! Or at least almost done ^_^

XIII

Post by XIII »

Jesus, took you almost as long as Dutchie there.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Oh, and congratulations!!!!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Took me 7 years to get my undergraduate. Hated it after 4 years, plus I went Full Time at work so Part Time at school. In the end I was so fucking glad it was over with...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Thanks guys!

And I'm very close to finishing up my last few papers for this semester. I have 3 articles to review for a portfolio and a final for one class, and then 2 Lit finals.

But next semester when I student teach, I'll have to submit a few reflections and writings on occasion I'm sure. But Yeah, being this close to being done is very very fulfilling.

In fact I just got back from turning the paper in to my last regular Undergraduate class. I only meet for 2 finals next week and then I shouldn't need to be on campus again until graduation in May.

And Arn, it only took me 5 years!!! And that includes summer classes in between every year buy one. But yes, it took forever haha!

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Congratulations! Enjoy the trip into the real world!
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Congratulations and a pre-emptive "Welcome to the daily grind." :coolgleam:
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet