Late to the Party

If it's broke, bitch about it here.

Moderator: StoneTable

User avatar
XIII
Posts: 3670
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:59 am
Location: Lyon, France

Post by XIII »

No. I remember starting a thread in a forum where you didn't have access so you don't know what I'm talking about.

User avatar
CBKA
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:37 am

Post by CBKA »

I was told about that thread by two members of the board so i was aware of it. I was informed that it was never really given much weight but i was pm'd and asked to keep the postwhoring out of every thread.The stuff all the recent posts have been about where based around the anal rape shit that happened when jerky joined the board and we were both being ignored (until we made you acknowledge us:blush5:).

Anyway my answer to chimeras post was clearly aimed at when there was a decent chance of me getting banned, not when i was a newbie postwhoring my arse off and a french coward tried to get me banned behind the scenes.

And the answer still remains, i was relatively established (hell im pretty sure i was in the top 10 posters(at least in terms of posts, not credibility)). So when i was asked "CBKA, back in the day, did you think you'd become a regular at BX? " i naturally assumed that see was referring to the later stuff when i was already established.

Of course I may be way off with my memory of the events and the dates, but so what, her question was just trying to establish wether i thought i was going to be come a regular, and my answer was that i already felt like one.

Your post was nomore than a blatent attempt to stir shit. but then again it is nothing new.
:chewie:

User avatar
XIII
Posts: 3670
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:59 am
Location: Lyon, France

Post by XIII »

I have better things to do than stir shit, god knows this board has had enough of shit even though it's only a month old. I was just replying to your message cause I thought you hadn't your facts straight. I thought wrong apparently.

User avatar
Fasheem
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by Fasheem »

Stocky Boy wrote:If I thought everyone with a different way of thinking should be banned, I would be running into disagreements with many more individuals than I have done over the last few days, in similar, unpleasant for all manner. And possibly, if this were the case, then surely it would be healthy for the sake of overall harmony that I become a special topic of discussion and if the discusison had reason to be lead to extreme measures then shouldn't banishment then be considered? At the very least the discussion should be open, so that we can name a problem, if there is one there, figure out how wide spread it is, and then come up with a solution suitable to the size of the problem?

Everyone with unpleasant posting habits should be evaluated by the board as to whether it's a problem to find the board opinion and a direction that best reflects all board members opinions should be followed. If it leads to banning it's shit, but then so be it.

Interesting to know that you thought CBKA was a douche, 100% of the time, back in the day. Presumably, since this was probably similar to the overall board opinion at the time, we should have openly discussed this. I don't recollect an open discussion at the time. All I remember is non-commital, "we'll see where it goes and hope for the best" and luckliy for the board, it's gone in a positive direction.

For the record, I always considered Major Bummer the lesser of two evils. During the 'back in the day' phase, I'd see a response to a thread of mine in Marvel forum and be thinking, "Christ! What deliberatly agro or ass-raping nonsense has he posted here?", only to find a sensible reply that showed he had interest in the thread. No ass rape. No awfully put, aggressive, opposing opinion. Just pleasantness or an opposing opinion, but put together inoffensively.


Jesus christ, here we go again. blah blah blah blah blaaaaaaah. This is why nothing should be "discussed" before it's even a problem or an issue. None of us can get through all these long assed boring posts about stuff that happened five years ago.

I never wanted CBKA banned if that's what you're getting at and I would have voted no in any "discussion" to ban him because me (and others) personally not liking someone is not a reason for a ban. And look, here he is now, being all nice and valued and stuff. (Also have changed my mind about not liking him.)

What should we discuss right now? The board is humming along just fine... except for all the "discussions" anyway!
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

User avatar
CBKA
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:37 am

Post by CBKA »

XIII wrote:I have better things to do than stir shit, god knows this board has had enough of shit even though it's only a month old. I was just replying to your message cause I thought you hadn't your facts straight. I thought wrong apparently.


In that case sorry. I was out of order.

BX as of late >:hitfan: (most appropriate smiley ever?)
:chewie:

User avatar
CBKA
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:37 am

Post by CBKA »

Fasheem wrote:What should we discuss right now? The board is humming along just fine... except for all the "discussions" anyway!


Can we get shadowman back and discuss homosexuality or abortion?

I coyuld do with some lighter discussions/arguments?:cheesy:
:chewie:

User avatar
Stocky Boy
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: England, UK

Post by Stocky Boy »

Fasheem wrote:Jesus christ, here we go again. blah blah blah blah blaaaaaaah. This is why nothing should be "discussed" before it's even a problem or an issue. None of us can get through all these long assed boring posts about stuff that happened five years ago.

I never wanted CBKA banned if that's what you're getting at and I would have voted no in any "discussion" to ban him because me (and others) personally not liking someone is not a reason for a ban. And look, here he is now, being all nice and valued and stuff. (Also have changed my mind about not liking him.)

What should we discuss right now? The board is humming along just fine... except for all the "discussions" anyway!


I really, really, really don't mean to make this a long, 'boring' reply, Fash, but to be fair, this is probably me being 'short', whilst trying to put an end to this thread. Sorry! But alas...

All I'm going to say here we do have / have had problems, but it sometimes appears we don't, because nothing gets voiced out loudly to all the board. This is my perspective, because when people say, "what problem?", I'm thinking, "there is one, but..." those with the problem remain for the most part silent or suddenly change their minds, when it gets heated. I suppose, to be fair, no one likes things getting heated.

I'm all up for keeping this peaceful stage going, but how do you expect me to respond to posts like this:
Yeah, everyone with a different way of thinking should be banned. Banned to hell.

I interpret this as a bit of a provocative reply, especially given the context. If you didn't mean it as such, then whoops. My bad. But, I hadn't actually openly stated that the guy should be banned. I think, all you could have inferred from the words, without assuming a motive was I didn't want to make time for him. But, from your reply, I felt I was being challenged for suggesting not just banning people, but banning them because they think differently to me.

I wasn't suggesting you also, at some point, wanted CBKA banned.
I was just saying it's kind of pleasing to know you also thought, at some point, he was a douche. If it wasn't clear, my apologies.

I'm not going to tackle my opinion on how banning should work, because that will open this post up for replies on banning criteria.


I too am all up for conversational stuff now, which to CBKA's credit, so visibly is he. I certainly don't want to provoke this discussion further. So why do I post long paragraphs? Don't ask!
Again, don't want to provoke a big reply to this post! After all, it takes too bloody long to respond so seriously, when I could be explaining how my bowel movements are so monstrously different to all of yours, in another thread. The shit you all want to hear from me. :)

User avatar
Stocky Boy
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 am
Location: England, UK

Post by Stocky Boy »

CBKA wrote:Can we get shadowman back and discuss homosexuality or abortion?

I coyuld do with some lighter discussions/arguments?:cheesy:



Again, I really don't mean to make this thread continue, but :laugh4: ...

Did you ever really enjoy those discussions? :D

I found them funny, but really did find that Junk was pretty much bang on the mark when he decided to post a nice reply on why he feels the angle to SM's side of the argument is clearly religious and frankly SM shouldn't bother with this shit to us.

I did also find it wrong on his part never to address your point about how homosexuality has ground as natural behaviour in the animal kingdom. You kept dragging it back up and he kept ignoring it. I can't decide whether he did this because he couldn't find ground to argue against it or he was simply being dogmatic.

Post Reply