Count D and the Indy Forum

If it's broke, bitch about it here.

Moderator: StoneTable

XIII

Post by XIII »

Maybe we should make an Anime/manga forum and have it apart from the Indie forum?

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

Adam was initially surprised that Manga/Anime wasn't a separate forum, but when I told him there's about five people tops that care deeply care about manga, he understood. Although he did point out that's like 25% of our board's population, which is a significant number. That magnificent bastard. ^_^

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

CountD wrote:I've been wanting to relinquish my duties for a while.

I'll step aside if the change hasn't been ok'd yet....
Okeydokey. But remember, you're welcome back anytime
William McDert wrote:I also want the Indie forum, but just for the anime/manga :P
With D on a sabbatical, I don't mind co-modding the Indy forum with McDert. However, there appears to be discussion about separating the Anime/Manga from the Indy forum. What is the final decision for that?

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

I dunno, who makes the final decision? ^_^

I'd personally vote against it because of lack of interest and it'll be downed like a wounded gazelle by post-whoring wolves. But on the flip side, we might give some members that don't post quite as much (my sister and Python for example) a place to frolic unfettered.

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

LET US FROLIC BY GOD

XIII

Post by XIII »

I swear that if you set up an Anime/Manga forum, I won't go there. I won't postwhore there. I'll stay away from for as long as I can et frolic in the manga-free Indy forum.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:I swear that if you set up an Anime/Manga forum, I won't go there. I won't postwhore there. I'll stay away from for as long as I can et frolic in the manga-free Indy forum.
Good lord, I concur.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

As do I, but I don't see the need for it.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I don't remember asking for your opinion! :mad:

:D

MGM

Post by MGM »

And I don't see why your opinion would count, with you being French and all. :D

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

let us be the nerdiest of all please.

The French Biscuit

Post by The French Biscuit »

Yeah, I concur with the Anime/manga separation party.

Some people really don't like it, and we're kinda being a thorn in their side by sharing space with the indy crowd. :sweatdrop:
Biscuit AWAY!

Your awesomeness is akin to bottling a hurricane. It cannot be done - Mr. Wallstreet

MGM

Post by MGM »

Nah, you're not really a thorn in our side, we just like messin' with you. Image

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I say make them separate. It's just another forum. As long as we don't start making separate forums for "Marvel News" and "DC News" and "General Comics News" we won't be overstretching the number of useful, populated forums and making it difficult to decide where to post things.

Separate forum for Manga/Anime and Indie books!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I rather like having the Anime and Indy forums together. I'm not into Anime at all but I do like to check into the threads from time to time and see whats what.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Dude, if that was a valid argument, then there would only be one forum. :)

Seperate! You like it, but Arn and Cam are no fans. Biscy, Meek and Kid could then have a unique little playhouse all to themselves to leave the big grown ups like me, Cam, D, some other dude - Wall something? - and Arn to discuss indie books.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I'm afraid we'll get too many forums with little topics.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Stocky Boy wrote:Dude, if that was a valid argument, then there would only be one forum. :)

Seperate! You like it, but Arn and Cam are no fans. Biscy, Meek and Kid could then have a unique little playhouse all to themselves to leave the big grown ups like me, Cam, D, some other dude - Wall something? - and Arn to discuss indie books.
Makes sense. No reason you can't pop down one to see Anime, that way we don't sift through the anime posts.

It isn't a huge deal either way to me, though.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Stocky Boy wrote:Dude, if that was a valid argument, then there would only be one forum. :)

books.
You're getting a little full of yourself aren't you? ;)

Like I said, I like having Anime with Indy but its not something I passionately want to fight for so I'm cool with separating them. :)

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I really don't see the problem with seperating it. I mean, so what if the seperated forums have little posts? I mean it's our board and we use it when we want, how we want.

Personally, I never was a fan of seeing the Indie/Anime with new posts/threads, only to find out they were almost always Anime/Manga stuff, and like Arn and Cam, I can't stand the stuff.

Also, if you're planning on bringing more people into the board over time, having them seperated now will be a big help rather than when there are soooo many threads and topics that it becomes harder and more work to do later on when we eventually decide to do it.