The Boys vol 6: Wanted

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

The Boys vol 6: Wanted

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

V 6 of The Boys was another solid read by Ennis but there is something that is confusing the hell out of me: Homelander's apathetic attitude towards...well everything.

The current story had a subplot about the 7 getting new costumes and Starlight's new costume was pretty damn skanky. Starlights new outfit a pair of panties, 3" heels and what looked like Larry King's suspenders from the 80s covering her nipples.

When Starlight refused to wear th new outfit, A-Train went crying to Homelander but Homelander couldn't have cared less what she did or didnt do. Most of the series has depicted Homelander as a control freak, and recently in Herogasm, they showed him to be a dangerous psychopath, but now he's almost entirely apathetic. I'm not crying inconsistency or sloppy writing, just trying to understand what Ennis is doing with the Homelander.

Btw, did anyone else think that the whole glamorization of Rape for Starlight's new look was a (playful) jab at DC for Identity Crisis?

Other than that it was a great read. Mothers Milk, Frenchman & The Female's origins were revealed.

Mother's Milk was the freakiest, Frenchman's was the funniest & The Female was the saddest.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Maybe he is just trying to make Homelander to be an off-center, nut job?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

It seems like things are coming to a header with Homelander in the upcoming arc. The last arc ended with him saying something like "soon they'll all know" or something like that, can't remember exactly. Basically I think he's coming off as very manic-depressive, with the apathy fitting right with the depressive bit.