Grounded

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Tragic Angelus

Grounded

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Absolutely Fantastic. I simply loved the entire thing, from start to finish!

Awhile back, before he left the country for a year, a friend of mine gave me a long box and a short box full of comics and trades, to hold onto with the specific purpose I read them. So one night I went through them, made a list of what was in it, organized it and figured out what I wanted to read.

Well Tonight I read Grounded, by Mark Sable and Paul Azaceta, and I was hooked 2 pages in, and read all 6 issues immediately. It's a great sort of meta-fiction on superheroes, detailing one young boy's love for the comic book genre, and what he does when he finds out heroes are real. As it goes on, it really delves into what it means to be a hero, and just how superpowers fit into it all.

But it has the action as well, if not in a limited way, along with plenty of humor, wit, and inside comic references to keep you entertained. The art was very clean and clear in most all spots, and every person is distinguished well, so no one really blends in and gets confused.

I loved the use of Greek Gods and Myth to be the focus of real world heroes, as it's a huge interest of mine. A+ on that front.

Drama, humor, real meaning, and enough teen angst type storytelling to really make a compelling book that I'm very much looking forward to buying a trade of for myself. Highly suggested for a puruse, if not read the first issue if you can find it.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I hesitate to make a young boy joke. :D

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Or young boy love greek style.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."