The Walking Dead vol 11: Fear the Hunters (spoilers)

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

The Walking Dead vol 11: Fear the Hunters (spoilers)

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Simply amazing.

This title has consistently been an enjoyable and engrossing read; it's in my top 3 favroite titles. Kirkman unleashes a whole new wave of horror on the survivors completely unlike anything they've encountered before and unlike previous encounters, there is no right or easy answer to what they have to deal with and whatever they choose will change them for the worse.

One of the twins that Dale & Andrea had adopted kills his brother without any reason or understanding as to why he did it. This leaves the group in total shock and completely unsure of how to deal with the boy. The two main proponents for killing the boy are from Rick and the other big fella whatisname who both raise legitmate points as to why they should kill him. The other survivors raise objections that despite whatever he has done, he is still a boy and not responsible for his action given the conditions he is living in. Also, in the end they'd have to kill a child and who among them could do that?

In the past, I've been able to call Rick and the survivors on a lot of the bullshit they pulled but this? Even after several readings I had no clue as to who was right or who was wrong. Bravo Kirkman.

Oh and Carl winds up killing him.