Ex Machina: vol8 Dirty Tricks spoilers

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Ex Machina: vol8 Dirty Tricks spoilers

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The seeds are being laid for Mitchell's run for the U.S. Presidency on both sides. Mitchell has let his closest friends know what he intends and Kremlin has delivered some very damaging evidence to the reporter Mitchell dated way back when.

I am kind of at a loss as to what Vaughn's ultimate purpose was for this series. With Y:TLM, & Runaways I always felt like I had an idea what he was doing/going (even if my idea was wrong) but I have no idea what Vaughan was trying to do with Ex Machina. Some of the stories are certainley entertaining but I feel like I'm missing the bigger picture.

Also, while the the stories are entertaining, they haven't consistently been good. They've consistently been hit or miss. The first 2 paperbacks were great then quality went down for the few stories. Then the series picked up again for a bit, then went down again.

At this point I'm ready for this series to end its run.

ChimeraCreative

Post by ChimeraCreative »

I think the crusade Kremlin has to shame Mitch and try to force him back to superheroism has been drawn out for way too long. I was happy to see Vaughn trying to recapture what the beginning of the series was like, at least that's what I made of this volume. I found parallels between the Lincoln painting incident and the Bush parachute.

I completely agree that it's been inconsistent as hell and it'll be nice when the series ends so I can read the entire series in one afternoon. ^_^
Image I think my siggy is haunted. Image

ChimeraCreative

Have you picked up 'Ring Out the Old' (volume 9) yet? Anybody?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I get the individuals issues and am sad to this ending so soon. Definitely some interesting things going on, the ending of the current arc was frickin insane!

ChimeraCreative

No spoilers, no spoilers! ^_^

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I got mine in yesterday but probably won't get around to reading it for a week or 2

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I know not to give spoilers to you lazy TPB readers ;)

ChimeraCreative

It's a mixture of lazy and broke. Mostly, I hate having comics to move when I move. >.<

MGM

Post by MGM »

Than don't move. :D

Personally, I'm glad it's almost over. There was a time when Ex Machina was at the bottom of my 'to read'-list, to save the best for last. That's been a while. And yes, the bigger picture? No clue.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:Than don't move. :D

Personally, I'm glad it's almost over. There was a time when Ex Machina was at the bottom of my 'to read'-list, to save the best for last. That's been a while. And yes, the bigger picture? No clue.
I was about to post the same thing.

No idea how they're going to end it, and I couldn't care less. 6 years for this series was too long, and I just don't care anymore.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."