The Boys vol 5: Herogasm

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

The Boys vol 5: Herogasm

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

For the most part Herogasm was okay; most of the book was pretty much what we've been seeing since issue 1: supers behaving like total degenerates.

What was interesting was the Homelander's actions and the power struggle going on within the office of the President's.

It turns out The Vice Presdent "Vic the Veep" is nothing more than a braindead puppet who was forced onto the President "Dakota Bob"'s presidential ticket. During the 9/11 attacks Dakota Bob was supposed to be incapaciated in some degree (whether he was just supposed to be out of the way or dead is still unclear. Vic The Veep was supposed to take command during the attacks to show America how strong he was. However, Dakota Bob never left Washington and was taking point during the attacks. During the attacks, Vic the Veep took a fire extinguisher and brained Dakota Bob with it and left Vic the Veep in charge. Vic then kept repeating the lines he was taught by his cabinet members. After everything was all said and done, The President never trusted Vic or his cabinet again and since no one wanted to accuse the VP of assaulting the president, no one said anything.

The other item of interest is the Homelander's growing ego. During Herogasm, HL flew up into the air, in the nude, and blasted a passenger plane to bits, all because he could "do it". So it appears the Homelander is rocking the boat and becoming ever more unstable.

Art was great as usual; very clean with lots of detail so no complaints there.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Yeah, it was fun, but The Boys always seems to lack a little something in its abundance gratuity. I still really enjoy it though.

I think I prefer the artist of this arc over Robertson. I think the name sounds like 'McCree'. I think 'McCree' does a great job on mood and expression, with what is quite a sketchy art style. Robertson is good, but I don't much like the way he does physical form. Faces and bodies just seem a bit lumpy.