Invincible vol 11: Happy Days

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Invincible vol 11: Happy Days

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Ahhh what a sweet and happy story vol 11 was. All of full of warm and fuzzy's. Mark and "Samantha" Eve are finally together, Allen and Nolan escape the prison (Allen btw is becoming a immensely powerful), Mark is slowly training Oliver who seems to be getting more in line with Mark, even Robot managed to find a cure for Amanda (Monster girl who keeps de-aging everytime she transforms), Eve even found Mark a job.

We also got to see Lethan (Giant Fish ruler of Atlantis) keeping watch over his city :hehehm: I imagine this is how most of Aquaman's days are spent

The only down side was Amber being beaten by her boyfriend, and the return of Angstrom Levy.

So all in all, a very fun filled story. And based on Kirkman's writing style (see Walking Dead where he gave everyone a nice peaceful few months before massacring them) and D's vague, yet ominous statement after reading issue #65, I am going to assume that the next storyline will rip Invincible's world in half - which I look eagerly look forward to.

CountD

Post by CountD »

I'm glad I'm vague and ominous sounding.

I would never want to spoil such a good title for anyone.

i am still spreading the word about this book...lol.

funny but true story: someone forced me to read it and I was ready to dismiss it after volume I. I think this is why I shill it so much. :shrug:

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I enjoyed this volume.

Can anyone remind me how Amstrong Levy survived the last encounter with Invincible? Invincible, for good reason, believes he killed Amstrong. Was it a time manipulation thing?

CountD

Post by CountD »

Stocky Boy wrote:I enjoyed this volume.

Can anyone remind me how Amstrong Levy survived the last encounter with Invincible? Invincible, for good reason, believes he killed Amstrong. Was it a time manipulation thing?

he had a contingency of repair-robot-being-thingees and a portal waiting.

so while Mark thought he'd killed him, he only severely beat him. :monocle:

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Oh that Angstrom