The Wake

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

MGM

The Wake

Post by MGM »

To be fair, I've only read the final issue while I was semi-awake, but what I seem to remember was so repulsingly afwul I didn't bother to read it again.

Was it really the hippy, kumbaya, we should all be friends ending I seem to remember or did I miss some of the nuances?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The last issue was indeed very bad, compared to the rest of the issue, for me. I LOVED the first 5 issues. I wanted an entire series around that plot. But the last 5 left me wondering constantly what was happening and why I was reading this book. I was very unimpressed with the ending.

XIII

Post by XIII »

What the fuck did I just read? I have no clue. It was so bad my eyes were crying but sadly, it does not erase the memory of that awful ending.
At least it looked pretty.
Boy am I glad I skipped Wytches...

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'm missing several issues so I haven't read it yet. Rest assured once I do, I'll complain about it asap

XIII

Post by XIII »

I count on you, Wally.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Wtf?

XIII

Post by XIII »

Exactly!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

The first half of the series was indeed great and the 2nd half wasn't that bad either but issue 9 & 10 can go fuck themselves. Are we just going to forget about the billions of people who were killed in the floods? I'm not humanity's biggest fan but that we just shit.

Also, can someone please explain to me the origins of the sea creatures? It seemed like less of an explanation of what happened and more of a philosophical justification of what happened.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I definitely came to regret buying the last half of the series. I'd almost want to sell off 6-10 and just enjoy 1-5 and hope someone else comes along to write a sequel to that.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm planning to read the series during October. I'll post back once that's done but now I'm not really looking forward to reading, lol.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Jedi, the ending was total shit but it was still an excellent read so don't fret over it too much.

But seriously, someone explain the origins of the Mer people to me. I just didn't get it and I don't want to read that issue over again

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

What the fuck did I just read?

First half was interesting, second half was strange as hell. I still don't understand the cavemen scenes in first half, I know they touch upon why cavemen are there at the end of the second half but doesn't fully explain it. And if the meres wanted to save people then why did they go and savage them? Or was it a splinter faction, half wanted to save and the other half wanted to kill?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Yeah, it was wayyyyyyyyy out there.

I didn't understand the caveman stuff either

Freakin' liberal hippie Snyder