Thief of Thieves

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Thief of Thieves

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Finally got around to reading the first full storyline. It's a good heist film with plenty of drama, intrigue, snappy dialogue; pretty much anything you've ever seen in an Ocean's 11 Film.

My only suggestion would be to read this as one trade or all the floppies for the entire storyline at once. Reading it issue to issue on a monthly basis is difficult because you forget plot points that happened so long ago. Unlike a 2 hour film where its all relatively fresh in your mind, this series comes out over the course of half a year so you catch yourself trying to remember what happened earlier before finally saying "F it, and digging up the old issues for a re-read so you're up to speed.

Still, its a nice solid read. If it continues with this pace, I'll keep it on my list.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I've really enjoyed it. I think though you are right about reading it in a complete arc. I think I picked up 1 & 2 together, and 3 came out about a week later so I had about half of the first storyline and it really flowed. Issues 4-7 were a bit shakey solely because I couldn't remember details as you said. But it really is a fun read and a lot like a great heist film so I'll be keeping it as well. Glad you enjoyed it.