Is anyone reading The Sixth Gun?

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Is anyone reading The Sixth Gun?

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I've heard good things about this series from fans & as well as a few notable writers. However,I am hesitant about trying it after having gotten burned with Asylum of Horrors. If anyone here has read it, I would appreciate some feedback on it

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Never heard about it. What's it about? If it sounds good I may download them to see if it's good or not...

XIII

Post by XIII »

I've read the first issue and I can't remember why. But it was cool stuff. A mix of horror and western.
Nice art.

It's something I'd like to read more of.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

jedispyder wrote:Never heard about it. What's it about? If it sounds good I may download them to see if it's good or not...
Apologies for the late reply; but as XIII said below, its a combination western & horror. It's by Oni-Press written by Cullen Bunn & Brian Hurt.
During the darkest days of the Civil War, wicked cutthroats came into possession of six pistols of otherworldly power. In time the Sixth Gun, the most dangerous of the weapons, vanished. When the gun surfaces in the hands of an innocent girl, dark forces reawaken. Vile men thought long dead set their sights on retrieving the gun and killing the girl. Only Drake Sinclair, a gunfighter with a shadowy past, stands in their way.
The premise sounds great and it has had some strong support, not just from fans but from writers as well, notably Jason Aaron who has been dumping huge praise on this title for a while now.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Actually sounds like an interesting premise. How long has it been out? Do you know if it's up to only say 3 issues or closer to maybe having a trade or two out?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Its been out for little over a year with one trade out and the second on the way. Given that its fairly new I'm ready to jump on the wagon for this series

XIII

Post by XIII »

First issue was Oni Press' FCBD 2010 comics.

Also, Brian Hurtt rules.