The Losers vol I & II

In the land of giants, these underdogs shine.

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

The Losers vol I & II

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Awe-Some!

Black ops book with lies, deciet, killin, cussin' & smokin'. It's like Leverage but for adults

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Cougar is by far my favorite character followed closely by Aisha & Jensen.

Just read what made Cougar the way he is; so sad.

I read the entire first trade of the reprinted series early yesterday and I read half of the 2nd trade but I stopped after that. I'm really enjoying it but I want to make it last. I have the Losers DVD coming in tomorrow. I guess I'll finish the trades before I watch the DVD. Don't want the DVD to ruin the end for it; even if it is a shitty and watered down ending.

So quick question: Was Losers cancelled early or was it always meant to be a 32 issue finite series?

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm quite sure they meant for the book to be longer but were given cancellation notice early enough for them to give the book a proper ending. Not sure though.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yeah, I was always under the impression it was supposed to be an ongoing and just got canceled. Glad you're enjoying it. I really want to get the series out and re-read it sometime soon. It'll be at the top of the re-read pile once I get my whole collection put back together in the next year.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Finished Losers some time ago and I was very happy with the ending. It was emotional, action packed, sad, crazy and a little clichéd.

The biggest thing I didn't like was Max having a twin brother. The idea of Max having a twin brother was something out of a bad mainstream X-Men or Bat-title. Everything in the entire series, toed the lined of intelligent and realistic (as realistic as even a Vertigo action series can be) but I felt the series really suffered by having that one particular plot point.

However, as much as I didn't like it, I felt the entire series itself and the ending more than made up for it.

Clay's death was so quick that I had to re-read it. Aisha finally revealed just how far she was would be willing to go to kill Max. Cougar's sacrifice was also emotional as well as the goodbye between Jensen & Cougar; you could feel how deep the bond between the two of them went.

Good series with an amazing ending.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Damn, now I want to re-read it before the DVD comes out.