DC Comics Solicitations: October 2010

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Tragic Angelus

DC Comics Solicitations: October 2010

Post by Tragic Angelus »

From CBR:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27285

TEEN TITANS #88
BRIGHTEST DAY #11
BRIGHTEST DAY #12
UNTOLD TALES OF BLACKEST NIGHT #1
GREEN LANTERN #59
GREEN ARROW #5
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #50
THE FLASH #7
SUPERMAN #704
SUPERGIRL #57
SUPERGIRL ANNUAL #2
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #6
DC UNIVERSE LEGACIES #6
ZATANNA #6
WONDER WOMAN #604
WELCOME TO TRANQUILITY: ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE #4

Possibly:
MANHUNTER: FACEOFF TP
DC COMICS PRESENTS: YOUNG JUSTICE #1
BRUCE WAYNE – THE ROAD HOME: BATMAN & ROBIN #1
BRUCE WAYNE – THE ROAD HOME: RED ROBIN #1
BATMAN: THE RETURN #1

Ok so the big deal is that almost all the Bat-books go on hiatus for the Return in October so most likely I'll just replace them with their respective issues unless they end up changing something up at the last minute.

Where the HELL is Birds of Prey?!?! Did I miss it???

Most likely returning to Teen Titans after a year with Krul and Scott taking over, a streamlined team that I enjoy and hopefully more concrete story telling. I'll nab that issue and decide from there.

Theyr'e milking me on this Untold Tales book. Damn.. but now I can't not have it.

JLA 50: Really... that's your big 50th issue deal? The Crime Syndicate? I was hoping for a little something more enjoyable. Like a real JLA team coming back. This may be my final issue.

Manhunter trade fills me in on what she's been up to since moving to Gotham and the end of her series... really really tempting because I miss Kate Spencer.

The reprints are cool, and I may nab the YJ one solely because I've never been able to find both issues of World Without Grown Ups at the same time, and I wouldn't mind having them to read, though I'd like the regular issues. We'll see when time comes around.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Lots of Bat books go on a monthly hiatus to make way for the Return event, that's why BoP is not listed this month.

I'm getting
Vertigo Resurrected
DC presents Jack Cross
House of Mystery Annual 2
The Fables poster
Doc Savage 7

And later on, the Preacher book 3.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Tragic, I feel the same way about JLA. I was hoping we'd see a return of the big timers and get away from Z-list characters and lame stories but guess not...Maybe around issue 75?

I noticed the lack of BoP on the list to in addition to no Brave & the Bold. B&B isn't primarily a bat related title so why no ship? Did it get cancelled or just skipping a month?

I won't be picking up any of the Return Home stories for Batman with the possible exception of Batman & Robin #1 & Batman: The Return.

The Vertigo Ressurected looks pretty good so I'll pick that up.

Greek Street is ending, not much more to say about that. The concept behind Greek Street showed promise but it got lost in itself. I read the entire first story and then some and still had no idea what exactly was going on or what it was about. Maybe Milligan still hasn't entirely healed from what/whoever game him that scar on his forehead.

I've been stockpiling all my Fables issues since whatever the last story was and when #100 comes out I'll read em altogether.

And I'll post my list later.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I assumed the Oracle issue was replacing BoP, but it just seems a bit like less of a possibility since BoP has been under the Brightest Day banner since its relaunch, so I assumed they weren't going to just let it stop a month. Ooooh well. Maybe I'll look at the Oracle issue if it might have the rest of the team show up as well.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

And lo and behold, I walk into my comic shop today and both issues of World Without Grownups are together for $5 total. Saves me waiting 3 months and spending an extra 2-3 dollars.