DC Comics Solicitations: September 2010

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Tragic Angelus

DC Comics Solicitations: September 2010

Post by Tragic Angelus »

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26690

BRIGHTEST DAY #9
BRIGHTEST DAY #10
GREEN LANTERN #58
GREEN ARROW #4
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #49
BIRDS OF PREY #5
THE FLASH #6
NEW TEEN TITANS: GAMES HC
BATMAN #703
BATMAN: THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE #6
BATMAN AND ROBIN #16
SUPERMAN #703
SUPERGIRL #56
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #5
DC UNIVERSE LEGACIES #5
WONDER WOMAN #603
ZATANNA #5
LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES: THE GREAT DARKNESS SAGA DELUXE EDITION HC
WELCOME TO TRANQUILITY: ONE FOOT IN THE GRAVE #3

OUTSIDERS #33
RED ROBIN #16

So September, with two Hardcovers in November, looks to be incredibly promising. GL's New Guardian's story soldiers on and the Return of Bruce Wayne comes to a head in a few titles (though interesting that Batman and Robin isn't listed as officially ending, though I believe this is Morrisson's final issue). So glad they're relaunching The Great Darkness Saga, which I hoped they would with two Legion titles out now by Levits. And BoP, Zatanna, and Flash look like they'll really be hitting it hard by this point.

Outsiders is pretty much dropped for me now, and Red Robin is possibly as well. I didn'tmind the newest issue, but I'm not sure if it'll tie in the regular bat books with Bruce's return of if Tim will just show up there. We'll see.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

BRIGHTEST DAY #9-10
GREEN LANTERN #58
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #52
GREEN LANTERN: EMERALD WARRIORS #2
JUSTICE LEAGUE: GENERATION LOST #9-10
THE FLASH #6
BATMAN #703
BATMAN: THE RETURN OF BRUCE WAYNE #6
BATMAN AND ROBIN #16
RED HOOD: LOST DAYS #4
SUPERMAN #703
ACTION COMICS #893
FABLES #98
iZOMBIE #5
THE UNWRITTEN #17

Possibly
TITANS #27 [enjoyed the first issue of the new direction but might not stay on]
SUPERMAN/BATMAN #76 [depends on how much it is related to Return of Bruce Wayne]
BOOSTER GOLD #36 [depends whether it is directly related to Justice League: Generation Lost]

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Justice League of America #49 Brightest Day crossover-Bullshit
Birds of Prey #5
Batman: Streets of Gotham #16
Batman: Return of Bruce Wayne #6
Batman & Robin #16
Gotham Ciy Sirens #16
Superman/Batman #76
Justice Society of America #43
Zatanna #5
Fables #98

Northlanders vol 4: Plague Widow
Wonder Woman: Contagion tp

Mostly a good month; I don't care for the bullshit Brightest Day event spilling over into JLA because it will A) have almost nothing to do with it & b) suck just like every other mega event that spills over into other titles. I'm also on the fence about Winnick writing Superman/Batman. On the one hand, he can be a good storyteller but the tradeoff is that he writes the characters like total fucking morons when it comes to important life and death decisions.

I really, really hope Brightest Day will be the last mega event DC has lined up for at least a year. Let us get back to reading self contained stories; not the latest 50 part migrane inducing story that makes no sense if you dont pick up every other part and fucks up other titles.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Mr Wallstreet wrote: Mostly a good month; I don't care for the bullshit Brightest Day event spilling over into JLA because it will A) have almost nothing to do with it & b) suck just like every other mega event that spills over into other titles. I'm also on the fence about Winnick writing Superman/Batman. On the one hand, he can be a good storyteller but the tradeoff is that he writes the characters like total fucking morons when it comes to important life and death decisions.

I really, really hope Brightest Day will be the last mega event DC has lined up for at least a year. Let us get back to reading self contained stories; not the latest 50 part migrane inducing story that makes no sense if you dont pick up every other part and fucks up other titles.
The whole Brightest Day crossover with JLoA is because of Jade. It's been going on since after Blackest Night, it's actually the only BD tie-in that I'm skipping because it also crosses over with JSoA as well. So it's not like this is the first time it's been listed a BD-xover...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The nice thing so far is that these characters have yet to have a reconnectiton to BD proper. I read all but Titans, GLC, Generation Lost, and while I don't know what's going on there, I haven't been filling confused or anything, and the titles it does crossover haven't really connected directly. It's mostly just a banner involving those characters, though I assume the crossover side of things will come in later on.