Help Me Win Prizes!

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I see it in Wonder Woman now. The whole time I was looking at titles I didn't even see she had an E in her name. I was thinking "it's womAn, not womEn" lol.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

It's in the Wonder part, actually haha but yea I totally was doing the same thing. It was killing me.

The I has to be from the 2007 Spirit Series. Gotta be: http://www.comicbookdb.com/graphics/comic_graphics/1/352/176454_20090809050217_large.jpg

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Much much thanks for all the help and hints guys! I'll let you know if I make it!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Yep, that's gotta be it. Glad we could be of some assistance...

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

They were killing me. The sites I used before weren't giving me enough covers. But I'm glad to use the one you and wolf put up. Really helps find out books I might need or want.

It took all i had not to order stuff last night from the site wolf put up.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Tragic Angelus wrote:They were killing me. The sites I used before weren't giving me enough covers. But I'm glad to use the one you and wolf put up. Really helps find out books I might need or want.

It took all i had not to order stuff last night from the site wolf put up.
HA!
What were you looking at?

Good site eh?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The early Titans run, 1-50. It's a book I'd really like to track down all the issues of, if only for characters and the like. That and the JLA Titans Technis Imperitive. I look that up all the time, but trades run in the upper 30s sometimes on Amazon.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought of was "Damn, that E is from the Secret Invasion logo!", so I got out of bed and ran to my computer and checked it. I was sad to see it was a wrong guess but I'm glad you got everything in the end!

Good luck!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Thanks!! I can't believe I overlooked that E for so long. Just goes to show how little attention I guess I pay to logos from time to time!

I'll let you all know how it turns out!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Just got an email that I won!! Apparently, the G was from Supergirl so I totally missed that, but they included the people who had missed just one letter since there were so many (Or maybe not enough who got it all right?). Anyways, there's a prize pack waiting for me and if I don't like it I can switch it out for $20. I'll probably take the pack but i'll let you all know what I got!

Thanks again guys!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Well when I got in there, They immediately asked if I got the email and when I said yes he handed me a bag and said "If you want this prize you can have it, or we can exchange it for $20 in a gift card of something"

I saw a Hardcover in the bag and immediately said "I'll take it!" but he was a bit surprised and told me to take a look at it, and that he'd looked at my pull list to help choose it, and I'd gotten the DC Comics Encyclopedia Hardcover that came out about 5 years ago. It's a cool book and I still told them I wanted it. I've always thumbed through one back at my home shop and think it's a fun little book. I think it was a copy they'd gotten in with some used Trades, but it's in really great condition. No dust jacket, but those are kind of annoying sometimes so I'm fine with that.

So thanks again for your help guys! I really appreciate it!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Tragic Angelus wrote:Just got an email that I won!! Apparently, the G was from Supergirl so I totally missed that, but they included the people who had missed just one letter since there were so many (Or maybe not enough who got it all right?). Anyways, there's a prize pack waiting for me and if I don't like it I can switch it out for $20. I'll probably take the pack but i'll let you all know what I got!

Thanks again guys!
Man, I have to admit that I thought the G was wrong. All other titles were modern age and then you've got 1 Silver Age. It looked exactly like the G you stated so I didn't bother to look it up. I'm glad you still got it, though! Did anyone get all letters correct?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Thanks! Yea I talked to him about the G and he said a lot of people put that down, and it freaked me when I thought I had to search through the Silver Age and up. He just said he went with that one because the standard Super logo was too easy. But he said most of it was off by one letter so that's why they included those entries.

I'm guessing very few got it totally right. If they did, then sucks to be them cuz I got one less and won! :D