Red Arrow Question (possible spoilers)

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Mr Wallstreet

Red Arrow Question (possible spoilers)

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Did he lose his arm? Caaaaaause thats what I've been hearing. If so, how did he lose it?

XIII

Post by XIII »

I think it's Prometheus, who went back to being an A-list vilain in the infamous Gay for Justice mini from James Robinson (as opposed to being Hush's waterboy in a crappy Gotham Knights arc), who did the damage to Roy. I don't know.
He also blew up Star City and made Green Arrow snap and become a killer in the process. Hal Jordan anyone?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I still haven't brought myself up to reading the POS story but I did skim it. Prometheus entered the the headquarters of the "Justice-Justice League" and posed as Captain Marvel. Then he fought a shitload of people, including cutting off Roy's arm. He then blew up half of Star City, killing Roy's daughter Lian in the process. Ollie snapped, having had enough, and used The Shade to get into Prometheus' own headquarters. He shot an arrow through his head.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yea that's the story. And the next few issues of the Rise of Arsenal mini is dealing with how he deals with his newfound loses, which have actually lead to him possibly now being an addict again, only this time starting off with Painkillers. So far it's how the last issue teased an ending, but we'll simply have to see.

And yes, Ollie's story is almost EXACTLY like Hal's, so it really doesn't seem to be that original, and we've destroyed most of Star City already during the Infinite Crisis/One Year Later deal.

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

I actually want to read this but do not have the funds to do so
All Will be Well!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Sandman wrote:I actually want to read this but do not have the funds to do so
Come to the darkside and download it! Tradition be damned! If you like it you can buy it later ;)

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Thanks for the clarification guys.
XIII wrote:I think it's Prometheus, who went back to being an A-list vilain in the infamous Gay for Justice mini from James Robinson (as opposed to being Hush's waterboy in a crappy Gotham Knights arc), who did the damage to Roy. I don't know.
He also blew up Star City and made Green Arrow snap and become a killer in the process. Hal Jordan anyone?
Haw Haw. You sound more annoyed than anything at this turn of events.
Tragic Angelus wrote:Yea that's the story. And the next few issues of the Rise of Arsenal mini is dealing with how he deals with his newfound loses, which have actually lead to him possibly now being an addict again, only this time starting off with Painkillers. So far it's how the last issue teased an ending, but we'll simply have to see.
I hope he doesn't start shooting up again :hehehm:
jedispyder wrote: Then he fought a shitload of people, including cutting off Roy's arm. He then blew up half of Star City, killing Roy's daughter Lian in the process. Ollie snapped, having had enough, and used The Shade to get into Prometheus' own headquarters. He shot an arrow through his head.
This really is stupid. They literally took the Hal Jordan/Parallax story and replaced Hal with Oliver. Talk about recycling with minimal effort. As this sounds very lame (no pun intended) I shall pass.

EDIT

Look, I found Roy's arm!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I do think it's really lame and pointless. I skipped out on CfJ entirely, but got updates once Roy lost his arm and they hit the "Rise and Fall" promos hard.

The only reason I'm taking part in it now is that I'm already reading Green Arrow, and I'm heavily attached to that character/title. He might not be my favorite DC character (tho he's high up there), but Green Arrow is the first DC book I actually started picking up regularly when it was relaunched by Kevin Smith since my boss was a huge GA fan. So like the X-Men at Marvel, I just can't let go of the book that broke me in so to speak at DC. I'm invested in the Arrow family, so I want to see how Roy comes out of this, and even though it is the Hal story rehashed so far, I'm going to see how it plays because I just can't let go of GA just yet.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Wally, I'm not annoyed by this at all as I really don't care about Green Arrow and his family and his universe. I was just pointing out what a poor recycling of Hal Jordan's story it was. But then again, how can we surprised that something supervised by Didio is shite?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The only thing I'm enjoying is that the fallout, i.e. Rise and Fall, are being carried out by J.T. Krul, who is basically being shaped up like a Johns protege, so it has potential for me. Everything came from Robinson, but is now in Krul's hands.