Wonder Woman: Rise of the Olympian

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Mr Wallstreet

Wonder Woman: Rise of the Olympian

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Great story!

Zeus is a dick

Ares got pwned!

The Ape warriors are badass

WW got the shit kicked out of her but still won (for now)

More later.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Isn't the real Ares kicking all kind of asses in the Marvel Universe? I think so.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yea that Ares sucks. the DCU Ares is a total Badass who's working in the backgrounds, empowered and messed with Wonder Girl for years, and has recently just dealt a huge underhand blow to the Amazons.

Glad you loved the story! Simone's Wonder Woman is truly fantastic, and I hope she stays on the book for a very very long time. Lopresti's art is simply but clean, simple, and actually works very very well for the book. He might not be high profile but I think he's great and consistant which this book needed to go with a great writer.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Please, Ares is one of the best thing to come out of Marvel in recent years!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Tragic Angelus wrote:
Glad you loved the story! Simone's Wonder Woman is truly fantastic, and I hope she stays on the book for a very very long time. Lopresti's art is simply but clean, simple, and actually works very very well for the book. He might not be high profile but I think he's great and consistant which this book needed to go with a great writer.
Agree on all counts. It's sad that there aren't many writers who can't write good WW stories or any good writers who want to write WW. I would like to see some of DC's better writers write WW and bring the same magic to her title that they regularly bring to DC's better selling titles. In fact, DC themselves should try and push their bigger name writers to work on struggling/lesser known titles to generate more interest in them.
XIII wrote:Please, Ares is one of the best thing to come out of Marvel in recent years!
I thought that was Brand New Day :D

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm hoping that Gail really wants to stay there for the time being. And if she doesn't, then I say put Rucka back on the book because I've gone back and gotten a handful of his trades on WW, and they're absolutely fantastic. Between the two of them, I can't think of anyone else who's really written a great WW, even in books like JLA, that resonates.

As for Ares, I couldn't tell you. I haven't read anything Marvel regularly outside of the core X-Titles since Bendis was handed the Avengers, so I really dont' know much about him.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I want to give old Gail Simone another try. I could be tempted by this book. But, I don't know. I wasn't too impressed with Birds of Prey vol 1. I couldn't fault it, but it just didn't appeal to me.

As for Marvel Ares, I think Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente did a brilliant Ares in Incredible Hercules.