After Blackest Night, Brightest Day

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Mr Wallstreet

After Blackest Night, Brightest Day

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

This morning on DCU Blog The Source, DC Entertainment "kicked off 2010 with some major news." The follow-up to Blackest Night, as some deduced, is simply called Brightest Day.

Starting in April (just after the conclusion of Blackest Night in March) with an issue #0, the series will be 26 issues long and ship biweekly. Writers Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi, who currently write the two Green Lantern series, will be writing the new book. Fernando Pasarin will do the art for issue #0, but no regular artist was announced on the main series as yet; it will however have multiple art teams to facilitate the every-other-week schedule. It was heavily implied that Johns and Tomasi will also continue writing Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps, respectively, and that both books will tie-in to the series.

Full article:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Brighte ... 00111.html

It sounds a pretty boring. I think it'll probably deal with the fallout from BN as well as set the stage for the next big GL event but GL needs a good stretch of a breather before the next big event pops up. Right after Sinestro Corp. Wars, it jumped into BN. which won't conclude until Feb or March

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I wouldn't say jumped into BN after SCW, but more built up to. You got self contained stories, but they all built off each other and fed into BN.

However, I'm excited about this and apprehensive, mostly from a financial standpoint. This is not necessarily just a GL event, as other books will also have the Brightest Day banner, most notably just announced the upcoming Johns and Manapul Flash ongoing. So I'm assuming this reflects on the DCU as a whole, or will attempt to, but most likely focus on GL characters.

Tho I would not be surprised if characters like Dove, Halo, and others who can destroy Black Lanterns with light aren't involved as well. This is probably where we'll see the New Guardians for hte most part.

Also, I'm hoping this is more 52 than Countdown and Trinity in terms of the weekly-esque books. Tho it's biweekly, it could get rushed, and I hope this one turns out rather well. But again, it's a year commitment to this book if I hop on. Which we all know I will.

XIII

Post by XIII »

One thing for sure : covers will be ugly as they'll be by David Finch, newly DC-exclusive.

Also, wrong forum.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

It's news so it kind of fits. However, I thought it should've gone DC too.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

*caves in to peer pressure*

I have no will of my own

XIII

Post by XIII »

Victory!! For Asgard!!!