Blackest Night **SPOILERS**

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm still partially confused on the whole Thawne thing. So there are currently 2 Thawnes that are running around? The "current one in the present" and the "future one of the current one brought to the present"? So what happens if both of them mess with each other, lol?

I am pretty pissed that Ted Kord wasn't brought back. Then again, there is the hints that Ted might actually already be back, so that might be why they chose not to. I can't wait for Brightest Day to reveal why those certain people were brought back, definitely wondering where we'll next see the Anti-Monitor.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yes, with Thwane, there are currently TWO in the Present DCU. His timeline goes that he has JUST been resurrected in Blackest Night #8, but I'm supposing he will escape into the time stream (past or future, to be determined yet), where he'll eventually show up in Flash Rebirth (which takes place before Blackest Night), where he's finally imprisoned at the end. And his imprisoned future body is the one that distracted the Black Lantern Rogues in Blackest Night: Flash.

And as for the Twelve resurrected characters, here's a short heads up on where you'll see them all next: http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/04/01/blackest-night-is-overwhat-is-brightest-day/

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Potential Reading Order for Blackest Night, Green Lantern, and the Minis. Since I didn't get Green Lantern Corps, I'm not sure how those fit in. Maybe jedispyder can fill in those gaps.

Green Lantern #43
Blackest Night #0
Blackest Night #1
Green Lantern #44
Blackest Night: Superman #1-3 (Can really be read at any point before Blackest Night #4)
Blackest Night #2
Blackest Night: Batman #1-3 (Any time before Blackest Night #4)
Green Lantern #45
Blackest Night: Titans #1
Blackest Night #3
Blackest Night: Titans #2-3
Green Lantern #46
Blackest Night #4
Green Lantern #47
Blackest Night: JSA #1-3 (Any time before Blackest Night #7)
Blackest Night: Flash #1
Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #1
Green Lantern #48
Blackest Night #5
Green Lantern #49
Blackest Night #6
Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #2-3
Blackest Night: Flash #2-3
Green Lantern #50-51
Blackest Night #7
Green Lantern #52
Blackest Night #8

That's to the best of my knowledge. The entire Event takes place in one night. Not a week, a month, or a series of days, but one single night so that's why a lot of the books run right into each other with little time in between.

Most of the minis take place during the two core titles of Blackest Night and Green Lantern. JSA must be done after BN #4, and Titans, Superman, and Batman all before that issue.

Flash and Wonder Woman are broken up due to what happens to both of them from issues 5-6 of Blackest Night.

Again, I didn't pick up GLC, so if someone wants to rule on how those issues fit in, much appreciated.

And you don't need the 6 minis in order to read Blackest Night at all, so you could pull those out and have no problem. I had no problem reading without GLC, but Green Lantern really fills in between the issues of Blackest Night, and I'd suggest it above all others for reading.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I followed this thread when I reread the series:
http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/for ... php?t=9891

There are a couple of screwups, such as GLC taking place mostly right after another.
Green Lantern Corps 39 takes place during BN 1 [automatically after Tribute scenes and interlace with the return of Kyle and Guy back in BN 1 at end of issue]
Green Lantern Corps 40 takes place after Green Lantern 45 [based on Power Level %]
Green Lantern Corps 41 takes place after Green Lantern 46 [based on Power Level %]
Green Lantern Corps 42-45 take place immediately after Blackest Night 4 [42 starts with Power Levels 100.00% and the rest takes place right in a row leading up to right after The Atom and Hawkman where the Indigo Tribe is given the sitrep from Indigo-1]
Green Lantern Corps 46 takes place during Blackest Night 7 [after heroes arrive in Earth's orbit]

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Holy shit I thought that was a terrible, terrible final issue.

Hey, that didn't work, so lets all fly into the white light and try it again!

This whole thing has been a constant stream of changing rings without ryhme or reason, then all of a sudden we have white lanterns (surprise) that blast away at the black lantern till it's dead. Shitty fucking writing.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."