Batgirl

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Mr Wallstreet

Batgirl

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

For those reading Batgirl, are you enjoying the new direction the creative team is taking?

I find BG a lot less dark/grim/gritty/depressing and much more energetic and upbeat. It's incorporating a lot more modern technology and lexicon into the series and not just in the standard "use tech to fight crime" way. Texts, pics, location check-ins etc...are being used to by characters to communicate with each other and are somewhat replacing thought bubbles and narrative boxes. It also conveys what is happening off page with another character without shifting over to see what they are doing at the moment.

It took me a little bit to get used to the new format (text msg boxes of full on convos scattered nilly willy) but I'm enjoying it and the Bat titles could stand to be a little less depressing what with Snyder murderizing Gotham every month.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I have read the first ish of the new direction and have the next 2 sitting on my waiting to be read pile.
I enjoyed the first ish. Can't compare it to previous run since I wasn't reading it.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

You're biased! You have feelings for Cameron Stewart.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Yes. I have. I won't deny it!