JH Williams III walks off Batwoman

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

XIII

JH Williams III walks off Batwoman

Post by XIII »

Once again, a Creator is leaving his book at DC due to editorial interférences.
JH Williams and Haden Blackman will quit Batwoman with issue 26 cause editorial wouldn't let them tell the stories they want, notably the wedding of Batwoman with long-time girlfriend Maggie Sawyer.

It breaks my heart to think that Batwoman will no continue with neither Rucka nor Williams III involved in the stories.

Also Didio and his clique really need to get the fuck off. How many creators is it going to take before someone higher-up realizes that the editorial at DC is rotten?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Why exactly didn't they want the wedding told?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

No clue yet. He did tweet that he didn't feel DC was being anti-gay marriage, they just didn't want a marriage.

I wonder how long it's been since we actually did see a marriage in DC between known heroes. Ralph and Sue or Ray and Jean, I'm guessing.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Wally West married Linda Park in the late 90s/early 00s. But this makes me glad I left the book and DC when I did. Too much conflict behind the scenes interfering with good creative teams has ruined quite a bit for me.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I don't think it has anything to do with anti-gay sentiments at DC but more along the lines that a marriage will limit the potential story lines for Maggie Sawyer and especially Kate Kane. This was the reasoning behind giving Pter and Mary Jane an interdimensional annulment courtesy of Joe Quesada.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Batwoman has only been so-so for me for awhile now. I imagine this may be part of the reason why.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

Someone at DC should've realised that interfering with a gay wedding would bring down a shitstorm on them, right? I mean, even if our stance is that a wedding ages characters and ties them down (WTF does that even mean?), it's rather predictable that this stance is gonna hurt you with a gay character. Especially since Marvel's got quite a few gay characters running around these days.

XIII

Post by XIII »

That will provide the perfect jumping-off point anyway and leave me with just one New52 title : Wonder Woman.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Last ish of JH Williams will be #24.
He will be replaced by Marc Andreyko who will start his run with a Zero Year tie-in.