Paul Jenkins quits Marvel & DC; signs with BOOM!

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Mr Wallstreet

Paul Jenkins quits Marvel & DC; signs with BOOM!

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Last week Paul Jenkins, in an open letter announced his intentions to quit working for Marvel & DC for the foreseeable future and work with BOOM!

Jenkins cites DCs atrocious treatment towards it's creators as his primary reason for staying away from them in addition to DC being very editorially driven. He also talks about how they engage in threats, editorial interference, mismanagement, miscommunication and outright threatening them.

Jenkins reasons for leaving Marvel are not as harsh but similar to DC, they are very editorially driven with one mega event after another all the while maintaining the status quo. They do not take the creative risks that they used to. Additionally when the inevitable mega event occurs, the tie-INS cannibalize a good issue by making it rubbish by sheer force of tying it in.

Good for Jenkins for quitting both houses. One is emotionally abusive and the other is creatively abusive.

Thoughts? Feelings? Emotions?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... e&id=45745

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

This was news today?
I was talking with Jenkins in Calgary at the end of April and he talked about this for like 20 minutes just with me.

I thought it had already been done.

He made excellent points, and they are the reason so many avoid working for the big two now. Maybe with more big names douing it we may see some actual change,
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

And Jenkins hasn't done any work for Marvel or DC in almost a year. He's been knocking it out of the park with Deathmatch, that's a great title so I'm perfectly fine with him staying with Boom.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

It seems he did 3 issues of Legends of the Dark Knight that ended about 9 months ago. That was his last non-Boom work, it seems.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Oh my God, just read this :

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/07/ ... sits-down/

DC's editorial really needs to shut the fuck up.