Channel 52

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Stocky Boy

Channel 52

Post by Stocky Boy »

Anyone reading that Channel 52 shit at the back of their DC books?

After the first one, I couldn't be bothered.

They're essentially adverts for things going on in other DC books, but done as a news report. Am I right? I barely remember reading the first one now.

It's an interesting why of keeping people informed, but I'm just not interested. It would be a bit of a shame if everyone had this attitude and DC didn't know/do anything about it. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time for a writer (well not a total waste if they get to cash a cheque for it). I can just imagine someone in editorial writing it though. Sort of an award thing.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I have never read a single one and I'm glad I haven't. They do seem like a real waste of space and I don't think many people give them any attention. I tend to put DC books down as soon as I see that "To Be Continued!" or what have you at the bottom of a page.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I wonder if an actual short paragraph summary of other books' current story arc might be a better use of that space.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Well that's basically what the page used to be wasn't it? The DC Nation page or whatever it was, that talked about what was big for that month or those two weeks, what you should check out and the like. I think it rotated being written by Didio and then other senior editors at one time. That was always what I preferred.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Haven't read a single one.