Batman Inc. spoilers

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Mr Wallstreet

Batman Inc. spoilers

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Damian Wayne dies.

I never ever cared for the character. I loathed him so much and now he's dead and I'm :)

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I think he was always written as a character people shouldn't love. I didn't love him nor did I hate him. I thought Morrison did a lot of great stuff with the character, as did Tomasi in Batman & Robin.

It did tear my guts up a bit when he was about to be murdered and they humanized him with the "mother, call him off, please" bit. I won't lie, his death page made me get teary eyed. A death very well done. It's been stated Morrison had it planned 2 years ago for him to die but I wonder how much he had to change with DC's big FUCK YOU CREATORS New 52.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Damian was probably written with the intention of having him disliked by the general public but I disliked more the idea of Bruce having a son.

The idea of Bruce having an heir is one I've always had a problem with and I expressed similar sentiments towards Terry McGuinnes when it was revealed that he was Bruce's "son" in Batman Beyond. The idea of Bruce having saved & raised so many children as his partners but never having a child of his own adds to the tragedy of his life.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I really liked Damian. Can't really say what I think about his death though, as I haven't even started volume 2 of Batman, Inc.
But damn, dead. :(

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I didn't mind him. I liked his interaction with Dick, and I really liked how he and Tim did not get along. However, I never read much with him and Bruce working together, and I can't say the death upsets me.

The downside to giving Batman an heir is that it spoils the "will they/won't they" ever go back to a classic story that had an ending that was up in the air. It's the downside to sequels and returns to classic tales: Most of the fun is in the wait and anticipation. Now they've done it and it's gone.