DC Gets a New Logo?

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

wolf_2099

DC Gets a New Logo?

Post by wolf_2099 »

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01/13/ ... logo-here/

That is ugly, very very ugly.

Thoughts?

DC didn't really need a new re-design, and the question I am asking is;
Why didn't they have this ready to roll out with the new 52 re-launch?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

If it does end up being the logo, while I don't like it, I will say this about it:

It has a very modern, tech-like look to it. The first time I saw it, I actually thought of something I'd see in the App store, or even the protective screen you put onto touchscreens since it's like the D is peeling back from the C. While I don't like it, I think this could very much work for DC in a tech-driven future.

If DC makes a bigger push towards digital comics and other media, this could work for them in reaching new audiences (which is something I'm sure we'd all like companies to do so they keep producing what we want) through multiple outlets.

And just like the past Logo redesign added a moving swoop, I'm sure in film, TV, and any animated version, it would reveal a D that actually peels/falls down to reveal the C, giving some kind of animation to it. Giving it some movement will help make more attractive.

While I don't like it personally, I think it could potentially work for DC in the digital market. And who knows, maybe it is only for their digital media market. I suppose we'll know more once they make an official announcement.

MGM

Post by MGM »

It's ugly.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

It's fugly as hell. From what I understand, they had to pay to use the Spin Logo they currently use so it's possible they're still paying or something like that which is why they want a new one. I'm still holding out that Rich is either being fed wrong information (see the whole thing that Diamond pulled on him with a DC/Marvel crossover that was completely false) or Rich is just fucking with us to increase the visits of his site.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

It's ugly but I agree with Tragic, it looks a lot more modern and techy which would hopefully help DC's image as much more modern and tech oriented. I didn't much care for the revised DC logo and will always prefer the DC Bullet logo from years ago.

XIII

Post by XIII »

The logo story has been picked up everywhere so we can assume it's true. I don't mind it.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I had someone mention to me, mnaybe it is more meant for digital content.

Where we tell pulls back off the C, which would look very cool and movies, etc, but poor on the print comic.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."