Top Mysteries and Questions of the DCnU: So far..

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Tragic Angelus

Top Mysteries and Questions of the DCnU: So far..

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Newsarama posted this over the weekend after Wave 1 of the DCnU books came out, and some are interesting, but it's #1 that really surprised me as I didn't notice it at first:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/dc-new-52-week-1-questions-110909-1.html

"WHO'S THAT GIRL?

Not content with appearing out of nowhere at the end of Flashpoint #5 to reveal that someone or something has been messing with reality, DC's new Mysterious Hooded Woman -- let's call her MHW for short -- has made Where's Waldo?-esque background appearances in each of the New 52 books to date... but why? Is she checking up to make sure that the new DC Universe is the way she wants it to be?

And, given that she appears in both Justice League and Action Comics, both of which take place in the past, does this mean she can time travel as well as seemingly teleport not only around the world but in and out of reality as we know it? Shades of the Legion of Super-Heroes' nemesis the Time Trapper... or maybe we should be setting our sights on another hooded woman who turned out to be important to the DCU once...

Is MHW going to turn out to be a brand new Harbinger?"

I totally missed her in the books I got, because honestly I only had 2 books this last week. But reports have her in every single book at some point. Whether it's a brief face cameo or a full body hiding in the background, she's there.

Anyone notice her or did she breeze right by the rest of you? It really interests me and I'm thinking Harbinger is the best choice, though I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Well, I knew about her before I even got the books so I kept an eye out for her or relooked through the issue after reading it. It's forced in several places and they try to make it mesh but it doesn't always. Seems weird when she's just standing in a relatively empty panel, lol.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Does anyone have the answer to the question of why the main story in a few of the new 52 issues was only 12 or 14 pages?

I believe Det. 5 was 12 pages for the main story. A GL comic was the same.

I just axed 4 books off my pull list for that shit.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

No other reason that they're trying to build excitement and readership for the backups by shoehorning them into popular titles.

I'm not a fan of this either.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

If the back-ups were that good, they'd be their own comic.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

None of the GL comics have backups that I know of. Yet 'Tec 5 did have only 12 pages with an 8 page back up. And the shitty thing is the backup didn't even feature Batman! It was a nice story, just feel it should have been part of a one-shot or only been 4 pages so we could get 4 more pages of the main story. Too bad it wasn't like the old 'Tec where you would get the 22 page main story and 8 page backup.