DC Announces 14 "Flashpoint" Titles

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

jedispyder

DC Announces 14 "Flashpoint" Titles

Post by jedispyder »

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

No matter how awesome Flashpoint looks/sounds, no way in fuck am I getting all 14-15 series. I'll get a few and download the rest, that's for sure. But damn, DC, what the fuck are you doing? This is what fanboys aren't a fan of =o(

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Fuck me, that's so big it's going to fail.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

No fucking way. This bigger than any crap Marvel could try to pull.
Still, if the creative teams are interesting, I might get some of them.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

It also hasn't been fully declared as to whether Edbert is right or not, that the main titles will be put on hiatus for these 3 issues like Age of Apocalypse. It would make much more sense that DC would do that instead of having 15 fucking minis going at once. Still, it's batshit crazy that they're doing this =o/

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yeah, this is pretty outrageous. There's no way DC's line can support their regular series of books PLUS 14 limited series and 1 shots. I just can't see that happening. They'd choke the market and break at less than even I would assume in sales.

My guess, these ARE replacing certain titles in order to make this a line-wide event people can invest in for 3 months.

The only other option is if they do the Blackest Night approach, where all limited series are released over a 6 month period. For the first 3 months, 7 of the series come out. For the final 3, the next 7. If they do it all at once, there's no way people could invest.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Isn't the main series itself only 5 issues? No way they'd have the mini-series spread beyond the main 5 issues unless they decide to do like Blackest Night and have a specific hiatus month, which would be pretty stupid. It's got to be the titles replace other titles. It's pretty easy to speculate on some of the titles' replacements, but others are confusing. So maybe it's a mixture, some titles put on hold while they also have new mini-series as well.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yeah, if they did the split I assume there'd be a 1 month gap built in as both companies have been doing lately. We'll get more information by next Friday I'm sure but still, this doesn't sound like a solid plan to me so far.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Either way, this is too large, and I am out.

This coming from the dude with 60 comics on his pull list.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'll be trying to work on the side at a shop and I think I'm out. Way way too much. The only way I can do most of it is if around 7 or 8 of those LS books replace ongoings that I already get, because then their price is factored into a monthly budget. Then I can add in about 6 LS as I did with Blackest Night. But this is still too much for them to push. I'm looking at trade collecting the auxiliary books.