Batwoman Delayed... Again...

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Tragic Angelus

Batwoman Delayed... Again...

Post by Tragic Angelus »

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/01/dc-comics-delays-batwoman-1-until-april/

It seems to come as no surprise but Batwoman appears to be delayed from February to April.

I just checked DC's February list on their site and the book isn't there. We don't have the April Solicits yet, so it's not under there but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. Can't say I'm surprised, but I'm also kind of upset this is starting out this way. The 0 issue was in November. We were to wait till February. Now waiting 2 more months? Really ridiculous.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

If it's this plagued on the first issue, I'm doubting picking up the series.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

It's a curse. But I have faith and will pick it up in April nevertheless.

XIII

Post by XIII »

And it would seem that this mess is once again courtoisy of DC Editorial fucking with its creators...

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/20 ... man-delay/

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Either way it's just not good planning. I understand he takes his time, and has additional appointments to keep, but those appointments are also fueled by his continual release of work. When they start hampering his ability to work, they may need to be scaled back, as they're second to the work.

And just as well, DC needs to make sure they aren't continually ruining the chances for this book by constantly rescheduling and rushing books and announcements about. They need to set things up that will definitely work and be prepared to make sure schedules don't conflict.

I understand both points. Williams is an amazing artist, but if you make an exception for one artist then how do you justify others? Delays of books to art are all too common, but DC has been rushing to announce books that aren't solidified yet more often this past year as well (Flash Family/Speed Force another example). I'm finding fault on both sides, which is a shame since this is one book that all parties know ahead of time will (or should) be a huge success for them.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'm annoyed that the book is being delayed but not angry enough to not pick it up at all. Yet.