The New Bat-Line Up

Batman, Superman, and other comic book legends.

Moderator: Tragic Angelus

Tragic Angelus

The New Bat-Line Up

Post by Tragic Angelus »

The DCU Source Blog posted early this morning that, as we all had already assumed, Bruce and Dick will both be wearing the Cowl in Gotham when November hits.

For more, check the link:
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/08/30/another-surprise-revelation-hitting-batman-in-november/

The announcement of Batman, INC. had pretty much made this known as Bruce was going to 'franchise' the Batman identity, but at least we know that Dick won't be pushed away, as the blog set out to say who'll be wearing the Cowl in the top 5 main Batman titles.

Dick will be the Batman appearing in Detective Comics, Batman, and Batman & Robin, while Damian will continue on as Robin.

Bruce will be the primary Batman in the two new titles, Batman, INC. and Batman: The Dark Knight.

The short post teases whether or not Gotham can handle two Batmen, or whether Dick and Bruce will be able to both handle being the Batman.

Batman, Inc. by Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette

Batman: The Dark Knight by David Finch

Batman by Tony Daniel

Detective Comics by Scott Snyder and Jock, with a back up art by Francesco Francavilla

Batman & Robin by Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I'm gonna stay with Batman, thinking of dropping Batman & Robin, thinking of trying Batman Inc and Detective Comics. Batman The Dark Knight really doesn't intrigue me all that much, plus I'm wary about David Finch writing. Has he written anything before?

XIII

Post by XIII »

Dropping it all and just getting Detective Comics.

I think Finch was writing a book during his Top Cow days. Called "Ascension". Or something like that. That was more than 10 years ago.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Dropping B&R which will probably be followed by Streets of Gotham & Gotham City Sirens if the stories get any worse.

Only new bat title for me is Batwoman.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

HURRAY FOR PICKING UP BATWOMAN!!!!

That's going to be added, and I'll be stick on Batman most likely. In that book, I'm glad it's still Dick because I was going to miss him when I dropped B&R, but now that he'll be in there I'm very ok with ditching it. Red Robin might stick on after all if Tim won't be going to Krul's Titans. We'll see.

And of Course, BoP isn't going anywhere.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Oh yeah, picking up Batwoman too.