Millar/Hitch FF

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Tragic Angelus

Millar/Hitch FF

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Has anyone been reading this?

I was interested when it was first announced so long ago, but never heard any reviews, or anything about it. I thought it was supposed to be just 6 issues, but has it been going longer than that? Is there a trade for it yet?

Marvel's website just causes me a massive headache whenever I try to use it, so I'd try to find out there but it never works well for me.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

i have been reading. It hasn't been anything special to me, but I am not a huge FF fan.

Not even in the same league as the Ultimates.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

See, I've never picked up the regular FF title before, I've only read a select mini or when the characters were in an event, but this seemed like something that would be interesting.

maybe I'll catch a trade or single issue collection if I can find it.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

If you are going to read any FF, it is one I would recommend. From what I remember it was fairly entertaining, as far as all the FF I have ever read goes.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Reviews everywhere says this a massive miss. Fellow customers at my LCS told me to avoid it.
If you want good FF, I'd recommend getting the Waid/Wieringo run.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I heard that was actually really good, my CS manager at the time said he was really enjoying that run as well.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I'm on the 'miss' side. It's not bad or anything, but it certainly doesn't pay off the hype (but than, whenever DOES Millar?).

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I've never been an FF fan. They are among the handful of chaacters I found bombastically boring.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

MGM wrote:I'm on the 'miss' side. It's not bad or anything, but it certainly doesn't pay off the hype (but than, whenever DOES Millar?).
Ultimates? Authority?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Millar's usually not bad, but it's waiting on Hitch's artwork that kills me. Seems like this one's been deemed medicore at best so I suppose I might just pass it up instead off looking into it.

MGM

Post by MGM »

wolf_2099 wrote:Ultimates? Authority?
Those two indeed were pretty good.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

MGM wrote:I'm on the 'miss' side. It's not bad or anything, but it certainly doesn't pay off the hype (but than, whenever DOES Millar?).
Exactly.

Although it's true his blockbuster style does hit when it hits. Like Cam mentioned, Ultimates and Authority.

Kickass is shaping up finely, but then you get things like Ultimate X.Men which were enjoyable, but every character was too self aware of how cool they were supposed to be. Fucking Civil War! And Old Man Logan, though enjoyable is clearly just a montage of cool ideas held together by an actual story that should have been told over a short span of issues. The Wolverine run was very enjoyable too, but got silly with the amount of cannon fodder ninjas Wolverine kills.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I think Kick-ass is rather mediocre, actually.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I haven't been enjoying Kick-Ass. Mostly due to delays. I love his Ultimate X-Men though.

Superman: Red Son was also awesome. His FF run is one of his weaker works, but still better than many other comics.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I wasn't really thrilled with the first issue of Kick-Ass so I passed up on it, and I really enjoyed his Ultimate X-Men run, as it was something that to me he did continuously engaging the whole time he was on the book.

IrishCream

Post by IrishCream »

Ultimate X-Men turned to crap after he left. Ultimates, Authority, and his first Wolverine run were a lot of fun. His Spider-Man run wasn't that great, though.

The only time I've actively collected/read the FF were when Waid and Ringo were on it. Those were really good stories.
YA BETTA ASK SOMEBODDDAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Oh yes! I LOVED the MK Spider-Man series that Millar launched, but after his 12 issues came to an end, the whole series went to crap.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Tragic Angelus wrote:Oh yes! I LOVED the MK Spider-Man series that Millar launched, but after his 12 issues came to an end, the whole series went to crap.
QFT for 90% of series after the original team left.