What are you looking forward to from Marvel?

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Stocky Boy

What are you looking forward to from Marvel?

Post by Stocky Boy »

What are you looking forward to from Marvel this year?

I'm going to be looking forward to more from Paul Cornell!

He's still doing Captain Britain and MI 13 with Leonard Kirk and shall be doing Young Avengers with Mark Brooks.

Kind of looking forward to Secret Warriors. Issue 1 was quite interesting. Johnathan Hickman appears to be the new indie creator grab for Marvel and Casselli's (sp?) art has an appealing traditional and manga inspired blend to it. Colours are awesome too!

Oh and of course, I'm looking forward to Jason Aaron and Ron Garney doing a Wolverine series!

MGM

Post by MGM »

Hickman on FF sounds like it could be really great.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

What else has Hickman done?

MGM

Post by MGM »

The Nightly News, A Red Mass for Mars, Pax Romana, Secret Warriors.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I'm interested in the War of Kings mini event. I've always liked the Inhumans, and I've been following them whenever I can, especially since Son of M and Silent War, and they were the only Secret Invasion series I read, and since I've been reading all the books with Vulcan since Havok has been in them, I'm interested in the two sides coming together. Other than that, I've got nothing really coming from them for me.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Is that what war of Kings is aboutÉ Inhumans vs ShiÀr

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I've really fallen out of touch with Marvel so I don't know what big events they've got coming up. Nowadays all I know about Marvel is X-Men, UXM & DD.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

wolf_2099 wrote:Is that what war of Kings is aboutÉ Inhumans vs ShiÀr
Basically yea. Vulcan is planning on expanding, and after the conclusion of Inhumans Secret Invasion, Black Bolt now rules the Kree Empire. :D

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Tragic Angelus wrote:Basically yea. Vulcan is planning on expanding, and after the conclusion of Inhumans Secret Invasion, Black Bolt now rules the Kree Empire. :D
I missed that.

How?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

wolf_2099 wrote:I missed that.

How?
After the Royal Family rescued Black Bolt from the Skrulls, he decided to get pro-active.

In the Secret Invasion: War of Kings one-shot, Maximus basically hands the thrown back to Black Bolt, who decides to open a vault full of weapons that had been created by Maximus.. one of them was one that transforms BB's spoken word into pure energy and power.

The Inhumans uprote their city again and take flight into space, tracing Skrull ships and heading to the Kree homeworld. They unlease the weapon using BB's voice as a massive energy blast, destroying the Skrull fleet ships they found. Then he takes the fight to the Kree world, breaking through their defenses with the weapon, and upon confronting Ronan, the throne is given up to Black Bolt, who plans to make the Inhumans no longer the toys of any other race, but instead the rulling class.

I really like the Royal Family, and I'm interested to see how this runs about.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

It's nice since this is something that actually could have a lasting change in marvel
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I hope so. It seems that it's basically going to be the Shi'ar Empire, which Vulcan has been ever expanding, warring against the Kree Empire, who now have the Inhumans on their side, and will have the Starjammers helping them as well.

Other than the Inhumans, I read the core X-Men books.. but even those seem to be doing little lately.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

What, moving to San Fran and doing nothing isn't cool?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Yea, exactly... the move was cool, bringing Magneto in was nice and then.. they've sat around their new digs and collected scientists.. I guess that's it.

I'm just hoping they get around to doing something, and soon.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

When was the last time the X-Men had a good old fashioned beat down with some brightly clad group of super villians?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Honestly, I'm not really sure. Does the Messiah Complex count?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Probably not. I want another throwdown like fatal attraction, or the end of Morrison's run, or even Eve of Destruction...

So basically it seems I want Wolverine and Magneto to fuck each other up.

hrm.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I wouldn't mind a good battle royale in the X-books either.. I think they need it.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Against who though?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Someone good.

Magneto would really be my best hope.. and maybe a decent Brotherhood team.. but I doubt that'll happen.

Or if a new Hellfire Club comes about with Shaw at the helm, I'd like to see how that could turn out.