Daredevil

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

MGM

Daredevil

Post by MGM »

#116!

Good issue, that was! The ending felt inevitable, but the monologue that was working towards it was very, very good. One of Bru's better DD issues.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I was amazed at how Wilson had changed, but then saw that he really hadn't changed at all but just repressed his true self. Definitely sad to see the ending, but it was bound to happen...

XIII

Post by XIII »

In the Fall, Daredevil will go back to its old numbering as the title reach issue 500. It will also be Bru's swansong.

The new writer will be Andy Diggle. Meaning I'm staying on DD after Bru leaves.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I haven't read much of Diggle's work so I might stick around to try it

XIII

Post by XIII »

Lark is leaving as well with issue 600 apparently. That's what Joe Q. had to say about it on his weekly column at MySpace :

"No announcements yet about the art team—it’s top secret for now—but how about a nod of the cap to the terrific job Michael Lark has done over the past three years? Michael’s work has been beautiful, and with guest artists such as David Aja, Lee Weeks and Clay Mann, we know DD fans have come to expect amazing artwork from the title, and we don’t expect they’ll be disappointed.
Hang tight, we’ll have an announcement coming up!"

An easy guess would be Jock, cause he's done a lot of work with Diggle. But I can't see his art being the right fit for Dardevil.
Maybe it's gonna be David Aja. He hasn't done anything since he left Iron Fist.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I think he'd be a good fit to the book.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

If DD stops being dark and gritty I may have to drop it. Seriously, I can't see DD not being dark and gritty art-wise.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I think Marvel would also see that the direction of the book requires a dark, gritty art style, unless they plan on changing the tone of the book, but if you hire Andy Diggle, presumably you're not changing the tone of the book.

Like Arn said, I'm imagine Jock won't be the artist of choice for this book.

Former Ironfist artist? I remember really liking Ironfist art when Fraction was writing the book.

I'm liking the use of the Kingpin in the current issue, which is part one. Seems to be a use that hasn't been employed before. Seems like a fresh use of the character.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Stocky Boy wrote:I think Marvel would also see that the direction of the book requires a dark, gritty art style, unless they plan on changing the tone of the book, but if you hire Andy Diggle, presumably you're not changing the tone of the book.

Like Arn said, I'm imagine Jock won't be the artist of choice for this book.
Jock would be a phenomenal choice if they want to take DD out of the dark and gritty and make it more of a superhero book, though.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

That's true. I'm not saying it couldn't work, but it wouldn't seem like the best direction for DD. Atleast, certainly not an obvious choice.