Thor God of Thunder

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Stocky Boy

Thor God of Thunder

Post by Stocky Boy »

Recap to the end of #5...
We've been visiting a younger Thor, present day Thor and future ruler of Asgard Thor who looks rather like Odin, but with a hammer. In all periods we are seeing how Thor is dealing with Gor the Godslayer.

This book is amazing tits!
Esad Ribic's art is amazing! I believe it's all water colour painted. I wonder how long this takes him?
Ribic has done the cover art as well. Sometimes with great cover art comes weaker skills at telling a story, but Ribic isn't showing this weakness.

This seems like quite a different story telling method for Aaron, if you've read his outlandish and fun WATXM, or his mature over the top Ghost Rider. Aaron is showing he can do it all.

In issues 1 to 5, we are introduced to Gor in the past, Thor investigates in the present and in the future we are revealed that the problem of Gor has taken its toll on the God-scape, if you will.
I can't remember how #5 ends. I think There is a victory in the present, but ultimately the future is dystopian.

Anyway...

THOR GOD OF THUNDER #6

This is a Gor origin issue where we learn something interesting about a being who is capable of slaying Gods. A certain gift if you will put him on his path, which a tragic family life gave him motivation to pursue.

Anyone else curious as to what this black cape thing is? It does have a passing resemblance to another black space object...

XIII

Post by XIII »

In issue 5, it is revealed that when the present Thor arrives in the future thinking he is right on the tail of Gorr, Gorr has actually already been there for 900 hundred years and waging war to Asgard.
I love this book though the fill-in artist for issue 6 was a brutal shift in art style.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Yeah, the art was good, but it is a huge change.

Hopefully Ribic picks up again in the next issue.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I've not read this, and actually don't want to be spoiled so I've avoided what you have written. I want to read this book but missed out big time.

If I can find the first 5-6 issues at a decent price, is it worth picking up regularly?

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

All available here;
http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=23570119

Yes, it is worth it.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

THOR GOD OF THUNDER #8
Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Esad Ribic

In this issue, we approach the end of the God killer story. Three Thor's from different times are united together for presumably the final or penultimate issue next month.
It's a final gathering issue and it's quite enjoyable. Esad Ribic's painted art is fucking amazing!!!!!