Age of Ultron

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I don't know about Pym being pivotal in a Le Fey arc, but I think the key is that the Avengers broke up after Pym died, and since she's primarily an Avengers villain, no other team really was around to keep her from getting too powerful at any given time.

I've really come to not like this book. In fact, it's no longer really AOU as much as it is "Let's watch Wolverine and Invisible Woman travel through the MU and see alternate realities" which isn't what I wanted. It feels like there's a lot that has to happen in just two more issues (plus what I'm sure is a one shot or two that comes out and ties in after issue 10, but still) and I just don't know how it's all going to happen. Unless we get something spectacular, I'll probably be turning this one right back in after it wraps up.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Good point about the strong potential for tie-ins that occur after the event is over. Marvel doesn't miss a trick.

I think the pace of this story just about allows it to get away with a Wolverine and Sue centric two issues. However, it is barmy that we haven't caught up with AOU's Stark team. Were they really just a plot inconvenience that have been put aside?

This gives me an idea for another thread. One about books you know you won't like but will buy anyway. In the case of AOU, it's more like, "books you should know better than to pick up or atleast wait for the trade".
I know I'll pick up the issues for whatever next big event comes out. I've also got a desire to pick up old Avengers books. Things like Operation Galactic Storm (which I've got). Loved that book, even though it's a bit 90s.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Well Marvel has already announced a new mini spinning out of AOU called Hunger I believe, but no other details are really out as far as I know. It's in the solicits I believe.

I really liked how AOU started, and was surprised by that and hoped it would continue. However, once we hit that halfway point the series dropped for me. Again, I feel like it did the same thing Fear Itself did, where it had a lot of potential and sounded interesting, started strong and really just collapsed on itself. I personally liked AVX, and I know a lot of others didn't, but I felt that event was much better than this one. I'm going to try Marvel's next event, Infinity but right now the Marvel Event track record isn't high for me at all.