All New X-Men

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

All New X-Men

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

What did everyone think?

I enjoyed it. It wasn't saddled down with the usual wordiness and excessive banter that is Bendis' trademark. It was very straightforward in what it was trying to accomplish (Beast bringing the younger versions of the X-Men to the future) and the art was solid. I didn't feel like I was missing anything in between the panels and it set up a nice subplot about Beasts deteriorating health.

I'll be on board for the foreseeable future.

Anyone else?

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I thought it was pretty good, much better than I expected. Can't wait to read the newest issue to see how everything works out and how they adapt to the future (it will also be interesting to see how much set time they decide has passed).

XIII

Post by XIII »

I have the ish here on my desk, waiting to be read. Picked it up out of curiosity and also because I'll buy Uncanny and want to see what Bendis will be like on X-Men.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I wouldn't be as positive as you all are. I'm sure this could have been told in 5 pages, especially when the big reveal at the end of the issue is something you've knonwn for weeks : the young x-men are coming to the present. OK...
And of course, Beast just happened to have a time machine handy...
So yeah, not buying issue 2. Reading, probably but not buying.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Hater

XIII

Post by XIII »

Bendis sucksorz hard omg :p

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

I think it's much better than his Avengers work for the reasons Wally's mentioned.

The guys at House to Astonished are interested in finding out whether certain inaccuracies were intentional or not, such as:
- Jean, Scott and Warren should be in some sort of love triangle, but aren't presented as such
- Jean should know that she has telepathy, but Prof X flipped the off switch, since it was driving her insane