Avengers vs. X-Men

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

MGM

Post by MGM »

So eh... just read AvX #3.

And is it just me or is there either something we don't see/know yet or doesn't Brubaker know how to write Cap anymore? That was wildly out of character.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I felt the same, though I've not read any of his Captain America. That Cap would seemingly strike out at that way was shocking.

The only thing I could have attributed to it was his having been attacked by Scott first, fighting the X-Men in general, and then being duped by them. But I still don't think that was in his character from what I've always known of Cap.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

So far, it seems all the tie-in issues are amazing whereas the main series sucks big time.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I don't think the main series has been horrible but it's the fact that they're not wasting any time and getting right into it, where the longer story beats are in the tie in series and other books.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Also, on issue 2, JRJR produced the worst art I've ever seen from him. It truly looked bad.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

All of his modern Marvel art looks bad. He was the reason I didn't pick up Avengers when it relaunched.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Has anyone used their smarthphone to look at the specific "Augmented Reality" or whatever the fuck AR stands for? I just downloaded the app and plan to check out the scenes in issue 2 and 3 when I get home. I kept getting confused when I first read the issue as to what AR stood for until I saw it finally in the back...

XIII

Post by XIII »

I tried it, looked like shit, video kept buffering. Maybe it's my phone, it's getting old (HTC Desire with Android 2.2)

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I haven't been reading AvX and browsing the Marvel Now solits I don't see much of Cyclops (if he is there, someone please point him out) but does anyone else think he might die at the end of AvX?

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

Very likely Scott will die. Issue 17 I believe of Uncanny implies a death on the X-Men side after issue 11 of AvX. It looks to come down to a Scott-Emma battle. I won't be surprised if Scott dies. Tho he is on the promo image for Marvel NOW with a visor in the shape of an X. Or is that someone else?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Scott's death, while fun, would also explain why Emma Frost is now carousing around with Logan on Extreme X-Men.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

Extreme X-Men are alternate universe's characters, so it's not OUR Emma or Logan.

Plus, Scott has already been shown in the preview image for Marvel NOW! and he looks ridiculous.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

He may be shown, but let's be honest, both companies use alternating promo images to throw off story endings. Remember the removal of Thor from Avengers Assemble? Or removing characters from Fear Itself promos? Scott could very easily be replaced come October in that image.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Has anyone else been reading this, and still not really understand why they're fighting each other?

I mean, I get it, the phoenix force, differing opinions, etc.

The characters seem so out of place, and just fucking dumb compared to normal.
Cyclops and Cap seem like completely different people.

I also don't understand why the rest of the Avengers and X-Men are just going along with it.

They had AvX VS for just the battle and no story, but to me it feels like that is the whole event.

This is easily the worst written story I have read in a long time, with bad art to boot!
Luckily I am only downloading it.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

wolf_2099 wrote:Has anyone else been reading this, and still not really understand why they're fighting each other?
Quoted for truth.

Yeah, it's like everyone's an imbecile, except Beast.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Whatever personality disorder that made Tony Stark act like a lunatic is now affecting Scott.

I'm glad I passed. I'll pick it up in the dollar bins at comic con

MGM

Post by MGM »

Well, that's not a death I expected.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I had no clue he was still around until he showed up during the crossover.

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I expected that death. They had taken him away from most titles and he didn't really have a place in the universe anymore, sadly. It also helps Bendis with his All-New X-Men, gives them something to that really shakes their world up.