Rucka and Waid

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

MGM

Rucka and Waid

Post by MGM »

On Punisher and DD. Thoughts?

Also, Ennis on Fury again.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I like it all.

I'm a fan of everyone and look forward to it, hopefully DD will be good again.

I do not like the artist on Punisher though.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

While I don't read those titles, I have to say, congratulations to Marvel for landing big names on rather big books. I really hope this turns out well for them. Waid is enough to make me want to read Daredevil, but I'm already adding a few Marvel titles here and there.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'll take Punisher over DD because I'm at a point where I'll follow Rucka everywhere.
DD also sounds promising but I don't think I can take 2 new ongoings on my list.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Rucka on Punisher indeed sounds great. If budget allwos it, I'll get that. If budget allows a lot, also Waid's DD.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I think I will be dropping Wolverine and a ocuple other titles and replace them with these.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

Ha, but what to drop, what to drop?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

XIII beat me to it.

I'll definitely give Rucka's Punisher a try and if I can swing it, Waid on DD.

I dropped DD because it was getting too dark, too gritty & too depressing without getting any better. Bendis & Maleev hit the high point on DD & Brubaker followed suit but after Bru the title took an unmistakable dive in quality. Also I heard the whole shadowland story blew chunks.

I like Waid's idea of making DD a slightly more lighthearted hero without turning him into the Adam West Batman. I think thats what DD needs a little of now: lightheartedness.

Is Ennis' Fury a limited series or ongoing?

MGM

Post by MGM »

No clue, I only read a bit about it on bleedingcool.

Rucka's Punisher seems more interesting than Aaron's Wolverine is at the moment. The only downside is that it'll be in the MU. Somehow the Punisher really doesn't match with the rest of the MU.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Grrr, fucking Marvel, just checked my books for June and all the ones I'm getting are at 3.99 except FF. And Wolverine is shipping twice!!

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Fuck it, the only thing I'd be willing to get is the Rucka/Punisher and I'll probably get that in trade.

Between Moon Knight, Punisher & DareDevil and any title that has a big name on it, being priced at $3.99, Marvel is really fucking their customers.

I'm not even that keen on Ennis's Fury; his last two Fury minis were "meh"; nothing spectacular there except Ennis made Fury an even bigger bastard than he usually does.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I'm pretty sure his new Fury will be a mini too. Which means it should be 2.99$.