New Venom - spoiled already

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

jedispyder

New Venom - spoiled already

Post by jedispyder »

So the new Venom isn't set to appear until the Amazing Point One issue yet Marvel has already spoiled who it is TWICE. First Steve Wacker in his infinite wisdom just let it slip during an interview like it was nothing, and upon realizing it he tried to cover it up but knew it was too late.

Now on Facebook on the Marvel page they have a "How would the new Venom do as a member of X-Force?" with the blurb underneath saying "Things continue to get wild in Uncanny X-Force while a world of possibilities opens for Flash Thompson as the new Venom".

WTF Marvel? First you spoil the death of the Human Torch and now your spoil the new Venom? At least DC isn't spoiling shit early...

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Marvel is fucking retarded when it comes to a corporate marketing stand point.

I mean, the death of the human torch wasn't even a fucking death, they didn't show a thing.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

Speaking of Venom, 5 pages of original art by Tony Moore were stolen from Fedex.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Stolen? Or was it all aprt of an elaborate plot to leak X-Force pages to the media before it was released?

MGM

Post by MGM »

So eh... Flash being the new Venom makes no sense at all now, does it? Brock hated Spider-Man, that's why he was a good villain. The new one at least was a criminal. But Flash is Spidey's biggest fan.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Venom is no longer a vilain. He'll be operating as an operative for the US Army.

And yes, Wally, the pages were stolen for real. Tony Moore has been tweeting but these lost pages.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

So...

If you guys saw a package shaped like comic art, from a comic artist, would you take it?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

I'd return them, but not because it's the right thing to do. I'm sure if I returned them I'd get some type of reward. Like some original artwork of my choice or something similar

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

No, I really don't think I would. If I recognized the artists name I'd probably break the rules by taping some kind of note to it with 'I love your work, hope this is for *whatever book* because it's great' in hopes they give me some kind of shout out, but I don't think I could steal right out from a creator while they're trying to get a book out. Books are delayed by artists often enough, we don't need people outright stealing the pages from them now.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I would return them and also hope for some kinds of reward.

Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Is Brock dead now? I know he had cancer or something but I have not really payed attention in a long time. I don't know how I feel about flash thompson being venom though. I mean I guess it could work, esspessally if he is no longer a bad guy. I guess I am just used to the Brock venom and not Venom being a "mantle"
All Will be Well!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

He was cured by a Mr. Negative (a gangster that, in normal form, runs a soup kitchen with Aunt May). When he got in contact with the Scorpion-Venom he turned into Anti-Venom (or Negative-Venom because his colors just switched) where his whole purpose is to take down the Venom symbiote. No clue what he's doing now, but he's alive and well.