Look who's back...All-New. All-Different.

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

jedispyder

X-Men: Look who's back...All-New. All-Different.

Post by jedispyder »

http://marvel.com/news/all.14014

So original Thunderbird, original Banshee, and it appears a couple of Madrox's dupes. Not sure but I think the 2 females are supposed to be the dead Stepford Cuckoos?

http://www.newsarama.com/common/forums/ ... 27&t=13836

Newsarama states this is coming out in December which is also when Chaos War is going on and dead people are coming back, so it's likely the X-Men tie-in to that.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

CBR has it listed coming out in December.. I figure either way that yeah it could possibly tie into the Chaos War thing, which to be honest I haven't heard anything about other than here and when they announced the Alpha Flight one shot for the same thing (which I'm totally going to get).

If it is about the dead returning, what's the background? Didn't the X-books just do this in Necrosha? What is it bringing the dead back in Chaos War?

Also.. where are Jean and Nightcrawler?!?!?!?!

jedispyder

Post by jedispyder »

I was just typing from memory, it is December.

And I'm wondering why they didn't do Kurt or Cable or Jean. You'd think those would be the main choices than the others. You'd also think if they were doing the "all new, all different" they'd try to emulate the famous Giant Sized cover.

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

In a way I'm glad they're not emulating that cover because, to be honest sometimes it's just done to death and not even that well sometimes. It is more remnisent of the Messiah Complex one shot though.

And to be honest, it's probably best they used those characters since they're not as high profile, or haven't just died in the last year (with the exception of Jean). Going with the likes of Banshee, Maddrox and Thunderbird gives them the ability to use those who don't get recognized too often.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Can I give a big yawn? YAWN

Marvel's publishing policy at the moment is getting on my nerves. They publish whatever they have a pitch for and see what sticks. At a price tag of 3.99$. I don't see how this is helping the industry.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:Can I give a big yawn? YAWN

Marvel's publishing policy at the moment is getting on my nerves. They publish whatever they have a pitch for and see what sticks. At a price tag of 3.99$. I don't see how this is helping the industry.
I'm the guy who buys everything right? Well, even I stopped buying all this shit.

My comic book guy, who up until 6 months ago, bought 1 of everything, even stopped getting this stuff.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

Tragic Angelus

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I've definitely cut back on things since I stopped working at a Shop, and when it comes to one shots and minis, I take a long look thru before actually buying them now. This will get the same kind of scrutiny, unless I end up back at another shop later on around Dec/Jan.